Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

SALT help please.

(5 Posts)
bullet123 Wed 15-Oct-08 20:22:40

I moderate on another site and have just read a message posted today by a man claiming to be a Specialist SALT worker and linking up to a video profiling site. In order to find out that he is genuine, are there any organisations or qualifications that he belongs to, that I can check?

TotalChaos Wed 15-Oct-08 20:39:25

the professional body in the UK is the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists. It has a searchable members' list.

TotalChaos Wed 15-Oct-08 20:47:26

NB I have seen NHS trusts advertise for SALT assistants (people who have experience but who aren't qualified SALTs),

bullet123 Wed 15-Oct-08 20:52:14

Thank you TotalCHasos. I've checked online and I'm pretty sure they're ok, but wanted to be definite.

mogwai Wed 15-Oct-08 21:28:16

no you need to check with HPC

Go onto the HPC website and put in his profession and surname. If he's registered, he's qualified.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: