Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

PEEEAAAACCCHY! Carnival question for you...

(12 Posts)
sphil Wed 15-Oct-08 20:22:23

You very kindly linked me to the website the other day but I'm being dim and don't know who I should contact to find out where the disabled seating area is (in Glasto).We are def coming smile

Peachy Wed 15-Oct-08 22:19:28

Ah found it!

If you're worried about your lo likng the floats btw, come and find us beforehand at the line up and we can show him around the float smile (DS3 will no doubt be the one lcking the generator again <<sigh>>)

DH knows the Glasto lot well as he was in one of the bigger clubs there- masqueraders- I shall ask him for names and get back to you.

Peachy Wed 15-Oct-08 22:25:00

just e-mail the secretay I think.

Let us know if you don't get an answer but thy're usually pretty good IME (we amrshalled glastonbury last year and it was the best organised I think)

It's taunbton this week- if we win we win the south someerset youth class- YAY (haven't got a hope on your circuit though LOL)

sphil Wed 15-Oct-08 22:26:14

Thanks - not sure whether DS2 would want to (bit cautious about new stuff) but DS1 definitely would! I'm really looking forward to it smile. Wonder if Gracifer is going again this year?

sphil Wed 15-Oct-08 22:30:29

Oh, one other thing - do any bangers get thrown or fireworks let off?

Peachy Wed 15-Oct-08 22:32:56

Sometimes peolpe let them off beforehand at the start but they're not supposed to, no- in fact they wouldn't be able to do it safely. Te music is loud certainly but unless someone has a fireworks party in theior house at the same time then no.

Certainly copuldn't hppen on a float- we are (qute rightly) subject to really strict rules.

sphil Wed 15-Oct-08 22:45:20

Oh that's OK then - In the Lewes Bonfire processions some of the society members throw bangers into the crowd and some of the crowd throw bangers back. They're not supposed to either! It was the one reason we could never take DS2 out on Firework Night (and I hated it too). Such a shame - the processions and costumes are really something and the atmosphere is great.

Peachy Wed 15-Oct-08 22:59:50

Ah i've heard of that one- a family I know in Glastonbury come from there actually (I was at college with her for a bit)

At Bridgwater they have a squibbing ontset after- one person from each club hold a great big firework aloft with special gloves / hat and the holder of the longest lasting is a winner (singed hair for observeres a prerequisite) but it's only bridgwater,a nd even then avoidable.

f someone tried to throw a firework in allr eality- well I know for a fact of about 50 bloes off the top of y head who would dive in! Each cart has a miniomum 10- 12 roadcrew and its our job to ensure crowd and performer safety: usually that just emans shoving the odd hoody out of the road (or more often and worryingly stopping stupid parents letting their toddler wander arund near or 12 tonne generator- ooh that makes me mad it does!), but if anything was thrown I know DH and mates would be hoiking said perpetrator to police.

If we didn't do it properly we'd be a moving timebomb, we have to be careful

BCNS Wed 15-Oct-08 23:03:17

<quick hijack> peachy.. am I right in thinking you lot are doing the carnival?? I thik we had a onvo about it me under another name.. anyway if you are will you be doing the taunton??
if so which float cos I will wave a sparkly thing at you!!

carry on!!

Peachy Wed 15-Oct-08 23:10:51

Yep, ere at Taunton- not sure if I am roadcrewing but Dh is and the older three are the back 3 on the righ hand side (which is - hang on, remembering taunton LOL- the right side as you come ut of tthe cattle market and turn right- Next siderather than Smiths?)

BCNS Wed 15-Oct-08 23:13:43

cool watch out for a nutter yelling fruitshoots and waving sparkly things with 3 nutty dc's!! LOL.

Peachy Wed 15-Oct-08 23:26:46

sonds fab grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now