Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Just sharing some good stuff

(8 Posts)
pixel Sat 05-Mar-05 23:09:54

Ds has amazed me twice today. I thought I was having a strange dream this morning when I could hear Justin from Something Special. Gradually realised that it was coming from dd's room. Ds was in there on the Something special website while his sister was downstairs watching television. I've no idea how he found it but he does find odd things by clicking on links from other sites. Anyway, the amazing thing was he was playing a game where he had to click and drag the correct objects when they were named or a symbol was shown, and he was getting it right every time!

The second thing was when we were at a friend's house and he had been sitting on the settee eating an apple. When he finished he reached for another one and I said "no more". My friend said it was ok he could have it and he sat holding the apple and KEEPING EYE CONTACT WITH ME until I said "all right then" and he smiled and bit straight into the apple. It may seem such a tiny thing to be so pleased about but that sort of interaction (not to mention obedience!) is almost unknown with him. My friend has known him all his life and she couldn't believe it.

I've been so worried about him lately as he has been ill and missed a lot of school. He has seemed to me to be regressing (refusing to use his voca, being totally withdrawn)but today I have at last been able to see some hopeful signs!

SPARKLER1 Sat 05-Mar-05 23:11:38

It's nice when these things happen isn't it? It just goes to show all the hard work or nagging and trying hard to bring your kids up the best you can does have it's benefits. Well done you. xx

coppertop Sat 05-Mar-05 23:14:55

Awwwww! Hurray for mini-Pixel!

FWIW ds1 seems to be more autistic when he's ill or recovering from illness. He's finally just got back to his usual self about 3 weeks after getting a virus.

maddiemo Sat 05-Mar-05 23:15:48

Well done to him

pixel Sat 05-Mar-05 23:30:28

Coppertop that would be it then. It must be three weeks since he first became ill. I will have to watch out for this in future. It's not so bad if you know it isn't permanent but I sometimes wish I had never read "George and Sam" as the bit about Sam's 'crash' has haunted me ever since.

Enough of that though as this was supposed to be a cheerful thread!

JaysMum Sat 05-Mar-05 23:33:01

for little pixel.xxxxxxx

KarenThirl Sun 06-Mar-05 07:31:36

Hurrah for good days! Well done to ds.

Merlot Sun 06-Mar-05 08:32:21

Lovely news - thanks for sharing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now