Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

managing my MN addiction...

(6 Posts)
Merlot Sat 05-Mar-05 10:25:20

Dh has done something clever to the internet access so that I only get to go on it after 7pm at night (except weekends - hence my presence!) So I might be around before Tuesday, but it will be after 7pm at night. Just need to sort out my weekend addiction

lou33 Sat 05-Mar-05 10:30:16

is this a good thing?

moondog Sat 05-Mar-05 10:31:05

Don't let my dh know for GOD'S sake!

Davros Sat 05-Mar-05 10:34:57

I find I don't have a problem if I just don't have time for MN. The problem comes when I get back to it after a day or so and there's soooo many posts and things I can see that I'd like to answer but have to read huge threads first. It sort of controls itself that way. I'd kill DH if he restricted my access....grrr

Merlot Sat 05-Mar-05 10:40:01

For me its a good thing (so far..) I actually asked dh (computer consultant) to do something, because as I said before... I love this board (and Mumsnet), but dont want it to take over my RL while poor little ds2 sits in the corner iykwim!

Davros, I dont think a weekly approach is any good for me - like you say when I had a sneak preview i found out that there was too much i'd missed and too much to catch up on, so maybe half an hour every evening or every other evening would be better....?

Davros Sat 05-Mar-05 10:45:04

Oh god, I couldn't cope with only weekly. I just miss a day or two now and then, not by choice. Last night I spent some time MNing as I'd had little time to read things properly for the previous few days and I got sucked into the bar!!!! DH was snoring his head off though and DS and DD were in bed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now