Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Starting school

(8 Posts)
lou33 Sat 05-Mar-05 10:09:23

Ds2 starts school in reception in september(can't quite believe that myself!), and we have got an official letter offering him a place now, at our second choice as the first choice couldn't make the adaptions necessary for him. Anyway his statement has been adjusted in advance for him to have the necessary one to one support, and they have given him an additional 24 points under some scheme for delegation. I think that means he will be getting the maximum amount of support they provide

Just wanted to say, that's all.....

Merlot Sat 05-Mar-05 10:22:13

Mixed feelings I bet Lou - your baby is growing up

Glad to hear that he is going to get the support he needs. What school is he going to? Is that too nosey?

lou33 Sat 05-Mar-05 10:24:17

milford

the one in our village cant do the improvements, so he will get transport, even though we are less than the normal 3 mile limit. Just as well because it means we will have 4 children at 4 different schools!

Merlot Sat 05-Mar-05 10:26:43

Gosh - makes for a complicated life eh?

Milford is supposed to be very nice though

lou33 Sat 05-Mar-05 10:31:20

yes and the head doesnt give out homework!

Merlot Sat 05-Mar-05 11:15:11

Fantastic ! Spent 2 hrs helping ds1 (8) with his homework from Waverley Abbey last week - ridiculous [grrr...] Ended up writing a note in his contact book to that effect.

lou33 Sat 05-Mar-05 11:26:55

yes it seems stupd if the parent has to do the homework imo

Davros Sat 05-Mar-05 18:40:20

Good news then Lou? Will be a wrench to see him go off, I still gulp sometimes when DS goes off in the bus in the mornings and he's been going for 3.5 years...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now