Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

DLA Tribunal is tomorrow, finally.......SCARED!!

(29 Posts)
deeeja Mon 13-Oct-08 13:49:41

Tomorrow is the day, and I am so scared, have been doing anything to avoid thinking about it, have even dusted today!
My mind goes blank when I try to think about what they might ask. I have read DWP's submission and my own. Feel very anxious.
I have had this adjourned twice already, and am now not at all prepared, I was the previous time, when I found out about the adjournment one hour before the time of appeal. Now feel totally unprepared.
I ned to calm down. Must think of questions they might ask.
Anyone been through it?

Widemouthfrog Mon 13-Oct-08 13:52:46

No advice, but good luck!

jenk1 Mon 13-Oct-08 15:15:24

deeeja,what is the tribunal for,is it for a school place or another part of the statement,we went to tribunal over refusal to asess in may of this year,but have also on 3 previous occasions got to the day before and LEA pulled out,i can try and help you if you would like me to. smile

TotalChaos Mon 13-Oct-08 15:16:39

Good luck! Not been through this so no real advice.

/jenk - how's it going with DD's school now?

jenk1 Mon 13-Oct-08 15:50:02

going ok at the moment in school,but we are getting the tantrums and meltdowns,because a little girl wants to be DD,s friend and DD doesnt want her to and a boy in the class "looked at her" that triggered off a meltdown on friday,shes still in nappies and CAMHS have told school to leave her be while they scratch their heads come up with a solution.

DS on the other hand,what a star,going from strength to strength,loving his school.

smile

Thanks for asking.

dustystar Mon 13-Oct-08 16:18:33

No advice but wishing you lots of luck for tomorrowsmile

melmamof3 Mon 13-Oct-08 16:22:34

No advice to give, but wishing you the best of luck. x

bubblagirl Mon 13-Oct-08 16:40:55

good luck xx

Saggarmakersbottomknocker Mon 13-Oct-08 16:52:58

deeeja - we went to appeal some years ago for dd's DLA.

At our appeal there was a guy from the DWP (there isn't always) and firstly they asked him to explain their reasons for refusal. Then I went through and countered his reasons. TBH he was a bit up himself and the panel seemed to take a dislike to him so I felt a little calmer. The doc on the panel really 'got' dd and helped me by asking very leading questions. Don't make the mistake I did though and come over all positive (rather then concentrating on the negatives) as I scuppered her chance of mobility that time. I'd also taken a diart along with me and they went through that too, asking me various questions. At the end I had to wait outside, before being called back in to hear the decision.

Good luck - it is a bit nervewracking especially if you go on your own. Will you have someone with you?

electra Mon 13-Oct-08 19:07:24

Message withdrawn

Tclanger Mon 13-Oct-08 19:20:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

magso Tue 14-Oct-08 11:40:01

Good luck!

dustystar Tue 14-Oct-08 13:24:00

Good luck for today x

coppertop Tue 14-Oct-08 13:28:36

I hope it all goes/went well. xx

BriocheDoree Tue 14-Oct-08 14:19:02

Hope it went well. Let us know how you got on!
xx

deeeja Tue 14-Oct-08 20:17:06

Hi, thanks for all the messages of support!
smile
Welll, my ds got higher rate care and higher rate mobility! grin
Am very pleased!
The ,said that I should not have had to appeal, and he was sorry for all the trouble I had to go to. It was alot less frightening than I had expected. I was ready, as I always am, to fight my ds's corner, but I didn't have to. I was just asked a couple of questions relating to the mobility part, and that was it.
After a whole year, so lots of back dated money aswell! I might finally take my driving test, and get a motobility car so my ds' don't have to use public transport, see if I can get them to leave the house now, hopefully.

Mitchell81 Tue 14-Oct-08 20:26:06

Congratulations, enjoy your back dated money grin

jenk1 Tue 14-Oct-08 21:04:34

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS grin

Arabica Tue 14-Oct-08 22:53:54

Congratulations--that's great!

Saggarmakersbottomknocker Tue 14-Oct-08 23:01:44

That's fab deeeja. But it bloody stinks really doesn't it? How much has it cost to bring together the panel to make a decision that should have been properly made in the first place. Grrr..

electra Tue 14-Oct-08 23:09:44

Message withdrawn

melmamof3 Wed 15-Oct-08 10:27:59

Hurray!!! Well done. and enjoy your backdated money.

coppertop Wed 15-Oct-08 10:36:19

That's fantastic news! I'm so pleased for you.

dustystar Wed 15-Oct-08 11:27:58

Thats's great newsgrin

bubblagirl Wed 15-Oct-08 16:40:21

only just logged on well done you im so happy for you xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now