Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

really struggling with ds at the moment

(13 Posts)
bubblagirl Sat 11-Oct-08 13:12:24

i know this can be normal toddler behaviuor anyway but i really hope it is and a phase as ds is getting so unpredictable and horrible with his behaviour

his throwing things screaming that he wants something give it to him he pushes it away and says no then screams that he wants it so i give it back he pushes it away and says no and son it goes on until i snap

today wanted his book while out shopping gave it to him he threw it across the shop so i put it in my bag he screamed for it gave back he threw it across the shop again

constant tantrums if i let him walk i say hold my hand he says no and runs but always towards the road and will not listen to me when i tell him how dangerous it is

will be fine one minute walking nicely and he'll drop tom the floor refusing to move screaming and kicking when i try to move him

im hating the feeling if having no control his normally so calm and plcid if i say say sorry he says no if i say be nice he says no

he's normally like this when coming down with somethimng but we've both had colds for 3 weeks so surely it should be leaving although woke up with glands back up this morning

please tell me this is a phase and not how it will be from now on as my loving boy has turned into unpredictable little terror

and i find it sad to see when people are tutting and his screaming and im trying not to lose the plot well rant over just needed to vent it as feel like i could cry and fell so alone with it as i dont know what to do with him ive done time out and he did say sorry and all has been ok since but his shut himself away with a video

thanks guys just needed to tell someone who wont cut me off to talk about there childs tantrums lol i always end up the listener with no advise back in rl x

feelingbitter Sat 11-Oct-08 15:11:11

Sounds like a typical toddler to me, the little devil! Can't comment further sorry, as I know nothing about his condition and how that might contribute to his current behaviour, but bumping for you - somebody'll be along soon. Hug to you and the little one, bet you can't stay angry at him for long, he's a bit of a looker.

feelingbitter Sat 11-Oct-08 17:37:26

I think everyone's out enjoying the sun today, it's very quiet on here!

bubblagirl Sat 11-Oct-08 18:02:03

isnt it just lol ds has just settled and seems much calmer but thank you for replying x

mooog Sat 11-Oct-08 20:18:21

My husband works with young students who are in daycare, he suggests keeping a diary of what differences there may be in the surrounding area i.e. if he is in his bedroom,kitchen, living room etc. Even sensory changes like colour,sounds,smells,food etc.Check times of the day when he is good or not then right it in your diary.If after a few weeks you see no patterns emerging then try distraction techniques. This can be for instance if he is starting to get anxious then you can try to distract his negative thoughts and feelings with music,reading,drawing in fact whatever you think is right for him at the time.Good Luck and keep your chin up and definitely keep your cool as the more unsettled you feel ds will defo pick up on this making him feel anxious too.

bubblagirl Sun 12-Oct-08 09:08:21

thank you i am trying to spot where his being different it varies in crowded places he gets anxious and can play up but his started doing at home also well he was on the mention of pre school he would refuse to get dressed but think he had some negative days at pre school and this made him anxious

guess it could still be the cold he is always more autistic so to speak when unwell but just finding his behaviour so unpredictable and i feel nervous to take him any where although still have been i do not show it but probably do when he plays up as i feel nervous of the stares from others and worry when cannot defuse situation

i will start writing diary as there may be something happening that ive not noticed thank you x

mooog Sun 12-Oct-08 13:53:59

just read your reply, but really,try not to care what other people think, they dont live your life and belieive me, half if not more have been in the same situation as you. Most of the time people stare because they are just having a nose. Remember, as long as you are doing your best, dont give a damn what other people think. Good Luck!!

bubblagirl Mon 13-Oct-08 11:28:50

he went pre school ok today and got dressed without a fuss still trying to test me when walking not wanting to hold hand he has no danger awareness and dont want to keep putting him in his chair

imanaged to distract him by saying hold mummys hand and we'll walk really fast and he did then let go agaijn so i said if you walk beside me and stop when i say stop then its ok made shre his hood was near my hand he did ok

with any luck i'll have good reports from pre school asked senco to take him out of big groups even if looks ok as it only takes a second for him to feel uncomfortable and then he pushes as doesnt know how to hget himself out of situation she said she would do this so i hope she does

Tclanger Mon 13-Oct-08 12:16:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bubblagirl Mon 13-Oct-08 15:53:24

today he had pre school and snap and has been ok apparantly had slight altercation with one child at pre school but was moved from situation

at snap he actually joined in with song time usually most hated part of the session

mood wise more pleasant and put himself to bed when he got home to watch care bears and have dinner not ideal ion bed but his happy and content so thats what counts

i think possibly could be another cold coming he seems so tired alot these days but still im pleased to say today has been a pleasant day for us both [huge sigh of releif] not one tantrum as yet praying none to come

hopefully his too tired for that now

Tclanger Mon 13-Oct-08 19:21:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bubblagirl Mon 13-Oct-08 19:37:55

well he is asleep we have had no tantrums so im happy

i think he isnt liking to many poeple in his space at ythem moment and being very sensitive so hopefully my chat with pre school will keep things running somoothely there x

bubblagirl Mon 13-Oct-08 19:38:15

whoops smoothly

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now