Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Private assessment ADHD/ASD

(5 Posts)
KarenThirl Fri 04-Mar-05 10:21:58

How do you go about arranging one? Anyone with experience of this? What does it cost? Any info gratefully received.

beccaboo Fri 04-Mar-05 11:16:41

Karen, we had a private assessment. You need to find a paediatrician who specialises in this in your area. I think the NAS might be able to help you with that. Where do you live?

Our initial assessment took an hour, and cost £300. The paed didn't give us any definite answers, but wrote a good report and addressed some of our concerns. The best thing about it was that it meant we saw an NHS paed a lot quicker - the report was sent to our CDC and we were made a priority case.

mamadadawahwah Fri 04-Mar-05 15:29:45

Hi, i am having my son assessed privately by speech therapist end of month and got her name from NIPPA. Her name also came up from an autistic group where i live too. So i figured she knows of what she speaks.

I also contacted the Childrens hospital and asked for the names of all private work paeds. None would see me as they work in my own area and feel it is unethical (crap) to see my child before he is seen at CDC. Despite complaints from me, they wouldnt budge. Stand your ground and convince them.

Socci Fri 04-Mar-05 17:37:47

Message withdrawn

Davros Fri 04-Mar-05 18:09:40

I didn't have any problem seeing a Dev Paed privately who works in our area. An SLT won't diagnose, you need a Dev Paed and I agree with Becca that first port of call should be the NAS. Some other MNers have seen good people privately and may post later.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: