Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Flu Jab today

(5 Posts)
PheasantPlucker Sat 11-Oct-08 07:47:22

Anyone else's dd/ds having one?

Dd is having it, and the GP offered it to me too as her carer. (I had it last year for the first time - I think they had some left in January so they did a phone round then, although I had already spent 5 days in bed with flu by then!)

I need to get in the shower and head over to the GP Surgery.........

eidsvold Sat 11-Oct-08 07:56:32

all of our family had it. dh cause he works in a children's hopsital. The rest of us to protect dd1 - including dd3 who was around 14/15 months. Dd1 always has it due to her cardiac defect/condition.

PheasantPlucker Sat 11-Oct-08 10:56:23

Am back. The jab itself was fine, just hoping no side effects later!

eidsvold Sat 11-Oct-08 23:20:55

i had a reaction to min e- huge red warm lump BUT gp told me that was probably because I had a very bad dose of the flu when I was younger and it may have been the same strain or something along those lines.

The dds - no reaction at all.

Davros Wed 15-Oct-08 14:39:19

All carers are entitled to a free flu jab each year and everlasting pneumonia jab once, regardless of whether they have stocks left. I had mine but not giving it to DS or DD as I don't think they have any particular vulnerability and, although a does of flu might be horrid, it is not going to endanger then unduly. HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now