Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Boxall Profile

(4 Posts)
Orinoco Fri 10-Oct-08 18:59:45

Message withdrawn

TotalChaos Mon 13-Oct-08 16:46:49

bump. Don't really know anything about this, but did have a quick google, and the whole Boxall/nurture group idea does sound a little extreme - if she's having problems socially would ahve thought that help with making friends/group work would be more to the point than one on one type being "nurtured". But then obviously I'm not an expert and don't know your DD so I don't like to completely say an idea is crap when I could be talking out of my backside.

Orinoco Mon 13-Oct-08 18:14:55

Message withdrawn

TotalChaos Mon 13-Oct-08 18:20:57

I don't have experience of changing schools, but I wouldn't worry too much - a new school will want to form their own view of her. Resources for SN etc are sufficiently limited that noone will want to carry on with a "label" just for the sake of it iyswim. Also in a sizeable primary school there are highly likely to be kids with language problems, and other relatively mild SN at the very least, so your DD wouldn't be particularly unusual if she does have some continued involvement with senco etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now