Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Is there such thing as a LAMINATOR with a REVERSE function...?,,,,?.....

(5 Posts)
MUM23ASD Mon 06-Oct-08 17:46:21

....as yet again i was being a bit to prudent and recycling all my left over bits of pouches(AS YOU DO!!!) and laminating bits of card for boys to use as bookmarks....

thing is....as you may know....if you manage to send through the laminator a bit where the 'sticky side' is not lined up to what you are laminating.....that the plastic will actually glue itself to the roller...and drag the whole piece of laminate round with it!!!!

There you are...waiting patiently for the laminated piece to pop out the other side...and you realise its being wound around the roller...so why oh why is there not a REVERSE WINDER function!!!! (there is on my sewing machine...!!!)

Instead...i have to switch it off...wait till cooled down...take the darling apart...hook all the stuck on laminate of ther roller....then switch it on to 'burn off' the 'glue'...then hook out any remaining bits...then screw it back together again!
(i have done this 3 or 4 times with this laminator...you'd think i'd learn from experience...i think not!!!)

misscutandstick Mon 06-Oct-08 18:05:52

hmmm this is why we have the 'spare' laminator... of course some of us more prudent laminaterers have a spare for our spare, well you never know!

silverfrog Mon 06-Oct-08 18:09:14

<whispers, do you mean just a switch which changes the direction of the rollers? my laminator has a reverse switch... of course, it doesn't help once the pouch is actually wound completely round the roller and glued on, but if you get to it on time then it can be saved....>

MUM23ASD Mon 06-Oct-08 20:19:51

silverfrog.....yes that switch is exactly what i need!!!!

I do have a spare laminator....but reckon i should now buy one with a reverse switch...then i can relagate my one i use at the moment to become my spare ofr my 'reverse switch' model...and still keep my exixting spare as a 'spare' for my one i'm using now!!!

oooer!!!! I'm going round like the laminator roller now...all this talk of spares!!!

silverfrog Mon 06-Oct-08 21:20:12

mine is just a bog standard Rymans laminator - soif you want a spare for your spare, with a reverse switch, then get you to Rymans wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now