Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

The Transporters

(13 Posts)
Tclanger Mon 06-Oct-08 16:33:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

magso Mon 06-Oct-08 16:46:13

It was available FOC from the NAS a couple of years ago. Ds (already 7 but with language at aprox 3 year old level) didn't like it - I think he was already a little old for it and found it a bit slow visually. Oddly he hates Thomas as well so its similarity may have been the trouble. They use it at Ds special school to teach facial recognition of emotions. Gave them our copy for their littlies so cant pass on to you Tclanger.

Tclanger Mon 06-Oct-08 16:49:02

magso Mon 06-Oct-08 16:53:57

Do they have a copy in the (county sn section) library - or can you borrow from someone else?

staryeyed Mon 06-Oct-08 17:29:53

I borrowed a copy for my Ds he didn't like it at all.n But then he's not really into trains etc.

Tclanger Mon 06-Oct-08 17:31:37

allytjd Mon 06-Oct-08 17:57:09

I can pass on a copy to you T-clanger (will have to check that disc is actually in box). bought one on Ebay for DS2 but he wasn't that into it, he was never that into thomas either but he did watch the 1934 King Kong film every day for about six months when he was 3! so he had his own obbsession. i think it is quite good but DH is an animator for a living so my kids have probably seen more cartoons than they have had hot dinners and are not easily impressed! I have never had cause to investigate how you pass on real life addresses etc. safely on mumsnet, could someone enlighten me?
PS. I think good old Mister Men books are good for teaching kids about emotions and characteristics.

Seuss Mon 06-Oct-08 18:37:01

We had a copy...somewhere... but ds was a bit old for it, he was 6 or 7 at the time and like some of the others he's never been into Thomas either. I don't think I'd pay £30 for it though.

Seuss Mon 06-Oct-08 18:46:57

www.thetransporters.com - available on-line

misscutandstick Mon 06-Oct-08 18:57:59

our portage worker offered to lend us a copy last week, maybe you could ask yoour loacal child developement centre if they have a copy you could borrow?

Seuss Mon 06-Oct-08 19:22:54

ah - ignore me, see you've found that already. was in a hurry earlier.

Tclanger Mon 06-Oct-08 21:42:05

coppertop Mon 06-Oct-08 21:54:25

I've got a copy that I don't need anymore if anyone wants it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now