Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Advice about blood tests

(5 Posts)
padua Sun 05-Oct-08 09:10:31

My ds had to go for blood tests on Fri which were requested by the paed. We were not told why. My partner took him in to the nurse's room. I assumed he would ask the nurse what they were for but when they came out he said "I dunno" (my partner doesn't get too worked up about any of this!) What do you think they are investigating?
So far the OT and Physio have given him a diagnosis of DCD and he has hypermobility.

SaintRiven Sun 05-Oct-08 09:30:15

whats DCD?

padua Sun 05-Oct-08 09:48:19

Developmental Coordination Disorder similar I think to dyspraxia.

Marne Sun 05-Oct-08 10:58:56

I think its just a routine thing they do, dd2 (possible ASD) has to have one (not sure when) i think they like to do it to rule out other things.

slightlycrumpled Sun 05-Oct-08 11:06:03

I wouls also imagine it's fairly routine, although if you are concerened can you ring you paed and ask what they were for exactly?

The trouble of knowing what they are testing for on every single occasion can cause additional worry sometimes.

When DS was being tested, and some of these included life limiting illnesses we were counselled before the testing took place.

I hope you get some reassurance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now