Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

OMG. Break-through with nephew with severe pdd....

(13 Posts)
KerryMum Sat 04-Oct-08 17:05:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

jg3kids Sat 04-Oct-08 17:25:39

Hi,

That's great! Does she have any idea what brought about this change (Iust so's we can all try...!)

The tantrums could be because he's more aware now?

It goes to show that we should never give up/ disregard our children.

Crack open the vino!
j
x

KerryMum Sat 04-Oct-08 17:31:09

KerryMum Sat 04-Oct-08 17:32:41

jg3kids Sat 04-Oct-08 17:42:47

I am very excited for you all!

We do biomedical treatments with our son too. We remortgaged the house and have spent a TON of money on him.
We did see a DAN! doc (I'm sure you and your sil will know what that is) but a lot of the treatment my ds needed was not available in the UK. So we've gone off to the US!
Just in case anyone out there is interested, there are UK charities who will fund treatment for kids with autism. If you want I can post details?

J
x
P.S I think it's called AIT (Auditory integration therapy - we haven't tried it yet. It's next on our list after hyperbaric oxygen therapy)

KerryMum Sat 04-Oct-08 17:55:27

jimjamshaslefttheyurt Sat 04-Oct-08 18:25:46

Excellent, what great news. Yep it was AIT. DS1 has recently said his first word (aged 9) perhaps there's a shift at 9?

We have had major behavioural problems from ds1 recently - at home in the main, he's been fine at school. I finally had enough - yesterday was bruised massively - he caught a blood vessel so the 3inch by 2inch bruise was also swollen, I was also kicked, punched, bitten and spat at yesterday. Fairly standard day recently. We have a consultant in New York, we spoke by phone, she told me what to do- which was more or less the opposite of everything we've tried up to now- and today, for the first time in months I was not pinched, kicked or hit (the spitting was new this week and kind of the final straw).. It's not an easy fix by any means, but I can pass on her name if you email me if things remain bad. DS1 is perfectly happy today as well. No negative reaction to the change in response at all to date.

KerryMum Sat 04-Oct-08 18:55:44

jimjamshaslefttheyurt Sat 04-Oct-08 19:02:33

I suspect it will be someone different. Our consultant doesn't do AIT. I'll drop you a line.

KerryMum Sat 04-Oct-08 19:13:23

jimjamshaslefttheyurt Sat 04-Oct-08 20:47:01

Have emailed.....

KerryMum Sat 04-Oct-08 21:20:12

KerryMum Sat 04-Oct-08 21:22:30

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: