Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Anyone watch DIY SOS? They created a self-contained space for a teenager with autism..

(5 Posts)
siblingrivalry Fri 03-Oct-08 21:06:27

..he was 16 I think and the 'flat' was amazing. He has phobias about germs, so they made doors without handles and decorated the main room in maps because he is obsessed with geography. There's even a kitchen area, to help him to gain more independance.
It was amazing -totally geared to the boy's indivdual needs. It looks as though it will be a real haven for him and I got huge lump in my throat, thinking about how much it will help him.

jenk1 Fri 03-Oct-08 21:19:22

aw no didnt see this,just told DS about it and he wants to watch it,i think its repeated on 9 oct at 04.20 bbc1 except wales.

siblingrivalry Fri 03-Oct-08 21:23:58

I missed the start, with the majority of the background information, so will record the repeat -thanks. It's well worth a look, just to see the boy's happy face at the end.

busymum1 Fri 03-Oct-08 21:25:27

www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/search/?uri=%2Fiplayer%2Fsearch%2F%3Furi%3D%252Fiplayer%252F%26go%3Dtoolbar%26 q%3Ddiy&go=toolbar&q=diy+sos was good though

siblingrivalry Fri 03-Oct-08 21:27:35

Thanks, busymum1 smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now