Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

THANK YOU for the washing machines

(24 Posts)
Jimjams Tue 01-Mar-05 20:17:21

and hoovers and microwaves, which started arriving today. DS1 is mesmerised. He's studied them all very carefully then selected some washing machine photos and held them at arms length twisting them- I assume he was making the drum go round. He was very keen on a photo with a washng machine, hoover and microwave in it- couldn't get him into the school taxi!

Whizzz Tue 01-Mar-05 20:19:17

Do you need any more ? (or other photos )

Socci Tue 01-Mar-05 20:19:28

Message withdrawn

emmatmg Tue 01-Mar-05 20:20:05

YAY!! was it a black hoover?

I did that one!!!

Wooo-Hooo

feel famous!!!

Jimjams Tue 01-Mar-05 20:27:14

It was yours emmatmg- we were admiring your hoover- never seen one like that before,,,,

I'll take any more that are going- it really occupied him this evening and he was being a horror until I got them out

thedogmother Tue 01-Mar-05 20:28:40

What do you need JimJams?

emmatmg Tue 01-Mar-05 20:30:51

Honestly, it's been a pleasure, I'm sitting heer with a big cheesy grin on my face.

As for the hoover, personally I think it looks like something a deep sea driver helmet, bloody wierd looking thing.

bambi06 Tue 01-Mar-05 20:31:39

what about letting him inside an old type telephone..kids love to look at the workings of them. we had them in the nursery where i worked ..they were mesmerised ..but it could be anything broken but safe of course.. have fun

emmatmg Tue 01-Mar-05 20:32:59

must preview.......something a deep sea diver would wear OR a deep sea divers helmet!

Not driver!

Jimjams Thu 03-Mar-05 20:11:52

And again. Thank you - another batch arrived today 9thanks TC). He is in absolute heaven! He spends hours looking at them and looks for them first thing in the morning as well.

Blossomhill Thu 03-Mar-05 20:31:48

Oh Jimjams wish I could have sent you some but don't have a digital camera.
So pleased that ds likes them though. I can just picture him now (as I have seen a photo) looking for them first thing, that is so sweet!

ThomCat Thu 03-Mar-05 20:33:38

I'm so pleased. I haven't found the thing to charge my camera with yet so not actually sent my own! I will though.

Evesmama Thu 03-Mar-05 20:35:55

so pleased he is happy, anything else you need just say and ill do my best!

Jimjams Thu 03-Mar-05 20:37:49

TC I meant to email yoou to say if the files aren't too big then feel free to email them to me (I'm fine this end broadband). I'll turn some into a book for him then.

ThomCat Thu 03-Mar-05 20:43:15

Oh great, well I'll email you them one at a time and won't send anything too huge. some just wouldn't open my end and some, as you've seen came out hufe and some tiny. Will do this on Monday when I'm back at work.

If you want you can access the yahoo account I set up, can't you??
The name is mumsnet_kitchens@yahoo.co.uk and the password is thomcat. Failing that I saved them all in a file at work and can email you anyway.

Jimjams Thu 03-Mar-05 21:26:07

Thanks TC

popsycal Thu 03-Mar-05 21:28:56

have uploaded mine now Jimjams - will email you tomorrow.....just on my way to bed now!

ghosty Fri 04-Mar-05 00:03:20

What did he think of the swanky NZ toploader Jimjams???? Didn't really look like a washing machine though did it??
Personally I thought the photo of my microwave was a work of art!!

jmb1964 Fri 04-Mar-05 00:08:10

So glad he likes them - thanks TC for having such a brilliant idea

JaysMum Fri 04-Mar-05 01:34:18

Have been granted a new washing machine and tumble dryer from the kind guys at Family Fund Trust....so I will send you a photo of my old ones and my shiny silver new ones when they arrive!!!!!

eidsvold Fri 04-Mar-05 03:30:53

have sent some to the mumsnet address in tc's post - took three views of the washing machine - toploader like ghosty's. Will try and get a pic of my mum's twin tub washing machine. He would be in heaven over here jimjams - there is a second hand fridge and washer store down the road with washers of all sorts - including the old wringer types like my grandma had. Hope the pics are too big - just dumped them straight from the camera.

eidsvold Fri 04-Mar-05 03:41:30

sorry just saw how big they are....

eidsvold Fri 04-Mar-05 04:06:14

sorry had trouble with sending - will try again.

eidsvold Fri 04-Mar-05 04:22:04

grrrrrrrrr still being a pain in the ass.... will try again later tonight as I have to head off to OT with dd1 - Oh for broadband.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now