Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Review meeting with ed pysch - is it normal??

(5 Posts)
tink123 Tue 30-Sep-08 15:41:54

Brief history:
DD almost 6 years,
Nightmare in nursery - aggressive,no speech or social skills,
Improvement in reception
Generally fine in year one apart from testing boundaries and few mini-meltdowns,
dx is sensory processing disorder (from OT), def not on autism spectrum, been discharged from private OT, paed, reduced to yearly reviews by SALT.

Now today teacher told me that ed pysch saw her last week and wants a review meeting in a few weeks with parents:
Is this routine, or do they tend to have meetings only if something is wrong, or if they want to discharge her. A month is a long time to wait to find out. We were finally seeing light at end of tunnel...

Tclanger Tue 30-Sep-08 16:04:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

tink123 Wed 01-Oct-08 14:55:08

Her speech is near normal range apart from few sounds. The SALT sort of co-ordinates all professionals and oversees that. She rang me to say that DD was doing fab albeit pushing boundaries at times, but staff were handling it.

padua Thu 02-Oct-08 17:24:24

In my authority it is routine for Ed Psych's to request a parent consultation after each visit just to keep in touch and pass on their observations. It seems a long time to wait to see them though so I think Tclanger is right, phone and have a chat. Don't wait and worry.

Tclanger Thu 02-Oct-08 18:50:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now