Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Hairy Horris!!!

(23 Posts)
nicky693 Tue 30-Sep-08 10:31:41

No its not something from Anne Summers, as my husband thought it was when delivered!!

Just found these hand stimulation toys on ebay called Hairy Horris. Thought if the teacher gave it to C in the playground it would stop him from swinging his arms around and stop him from hurting other children. So far its worked. Hes so busy squeezing and playing with it coz of the strange texture that he is more calm and not like a mad thing in the playground

Its under special needs/autism on ebay. Its like a rubber worm with all rubber stringy bits on it and it flashes with lights when you squeeze it. You can also stretch it.

Brilliant, husband was disappointed though!!!

coppertop Tue 30-Sep-08 10:57:33

I can't even begin to list the possibilities that passed through my mind when I read this thread title.

It sounds like something ds2 would love.

coppertop Tue 30-Sep-08 10:59:08

Hairy Horris also here

<ponders whether to nick it as a new MN name>

Seuss Tue 30-Sep-08 11:09:10

Ha Ha - they are cool! We are getting one! (For ds - honestly!)

MUM23ASD Tue 30-Sep-08 11:38:17

a *squishy" plaything! It looks fab- ds3 would want one of each colour!!!
would it fit in a trouser pocket (SERIOUS QUESTION HERE!!!!) as if so would be brilliant as a 'pocket toy' for assemblies etc?

sphil Tue 30-Sep-08 12:02:28

I've got a Hairy Horris! I mean, DS2 has...blush

Seuss Tue 30-Sep-08 12:09:34

LOL

coppertop Tue 30-Sep-08 12:31:09

<speaks gruffly>

"I've got a hairy horris in my pocket, MUM23ASD. Would you like to have a feel and a squish? Mwah-ha-ha-ha!"

<does long raincoat up again and runs off>

MUM23ASD Tue 30-Sep-08 14:08:10

do you mind...i'm eating my lunch!!!!!

coppertop Tue 30-Sep-08 15:47:49

<adopts a dirty old man leer>

You can 'ave a nibble of my 'airy 'orris, sweet'eart. wink

SixSpotBurnet Tue 30-Sep-08 15:56:07

This is a great website!

sphil Tue 30-Sep-08 17:08:03

Lol lol lol. This (almost) makes up for my wasted afternoon with DS2's SALT, who sat down with him for two minutes with her pictures and her toys and then told me he 'wasn't engaging' angry. Perhaps I should have said ' Here, try this' and stuffed my Hairy Horris into her hand.

nicky693 Tue 30-Sep-08 18:14:52

sphil, yes it does fit into a trouser pocket (SERIOUS ANSWER HERE!!)

Just logged on since posting this thread this morning and cant stop laughing. Thing is it arrived in the post today just before my husband went away for the week!!! Must of thought i was in for a good time!!!

teacher thought i was mad when we took it to school though. C loves it but will end up with different complaints from the parents as C asked his friend who is a girl if she would like to see his hairy horris!!! Going to have to get him to rephrase that i think.

MUM23ASD Tue 30-Sep-08 20:43:51

now, now, now nicky..... coppertop and i are far too innocent to know what you're talking about!!!!

LOL at him asking to show his hairy horris!!!!

Widemouthfrog Tue 30-Sep-08 21:35:48

Just ordered my (sorry DS's) Hairy Horris. I can't wait!

Arabica Tue 30-Sep-08 22:50:48

Brilliant website! There are some lovely bath toys too.

coppertop Wed 01-Oct-08 12:42:05

I will could spend a small fortune on stuff from that website.

<wistful>

sphil Wed 01-Oct-08 14:33:40

I've just bought some of DS2's birthday presents there (he's 6 on Sunday!) They are very efficient - the stuff arrived in two days.

sphil Fri 10-Oct-08 23:18:28

Just bought a new guinea pig....and have named him Hairy Horris in honour of this thread grin.

DS1 very disgruntled - he says we agreed to call our next guinea pig David Tennant hmm

Tclanger Fri 10-Oct-08 23:30:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sphil Fri 10-Oct-08 23:39:11

Well Hairy Horris is about to be introduced to DS1's female guinea pig Furball (real name Furball Donna Noble - are you sensing a theme here...)

So we may have some mini Hairy Horrises around Christmas if anyone's interested smile

Candlewax Sat 11-Oct-08 00:15:44

I have to say that Hairy Horris' big brother, Giant Catapillar, does look like something out of the Ann Summers catalog grin. I think I will get one of these though for ds as it will be a great stress reliever for him.

Kazann Sat 11-Oct-08 00:16:39

Hairy Horris sounds GREAT must go on E Bay and have a look, I quite fancy one myself LOL

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now