Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

does anyone get/use additive free sodium valporate?

(10 Posts)
FioFio Mon 29-Sep-08 12:59:45

Message withdrawn

bubblagirl Tue 30-Sep-08 08:58:46

bumping for you no advise myself x

dibdabscribble Tue 30-Sep-08 10:01:38

Yes - do ask your GP for the sugar free verion - "Orlept". DS is severely disabled and I would never have expected him to even be capable of being 'hyper', yet he managed it on Epilim!
It's not routinely given out as it's more expensive than Epilim. Mega bonus is it doesn't stain either, I got so fed up with trying to get spat out Epilim off the walls hmm
Do be aware there may be a slight change in seizure control though, always a risk when changing medicine brands.
Good luck!

FioFio Tue 30-Sep-08 10:26:16

Message withdrawn

FioFio Tue 30-Sep-08 15:58:49

Message withdrawn

dibdabscribble Tue 30-Sep-08 17:48:57

Hmm that's annyoying for you. Hope he gets back to you soon. Actually on our repeat script list it just shows up as 'sugar-free', doesn't actually state Orlept but that's what Boots give us, I think it's the only version that isn't full of sugar. Who thought it was a good idea to make any medicine lurid red anyway?!

PheasantPlucker Wed 01-Oct-08 13:47:32

dd has Orlept too, FioFio. We especially asked NOT to have epilim, as she has behavioural and concentration Issues. (has just started a new behaviourial drug, after 9 months of not being on anything, and it all being a bit hellish)

We first had Orlept as chemist said it was CHEAPER than Epilim!!! xx

PheasantPlucker Wed 01-Oct-08 13:48:42

PS could you ask the chemist for it by name when you pick up the script?

FioFio Wed 01-Oct-08 14:30:04

Message withdrawn

PheasantPlucker Wed 01-Oct-08 15:34:44

OK, our bottle says sodium, sorbitol, methyparahydroxybenzoate, ethylparahydroxybenzoate, propylparahydroxybenzoate.

Each mls contains 200mg of sodium valproate.

Does that help at all Fio?

Made by Wockhardt in Wrexham LL13

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now