Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

sleeping, or rather, lack of it

(11 Posts)
sarah293 Sat 27-Sep-08 09:48:13

Message withdrawn

bubblagirl Sat 27-Sep-08 09:58:21

could be quite normal as my ds also did this ASD i was told to get him to bed before he dropped off so learnt how to settle in his own bed

easier said than done but he does it now with the help of a dvd but he cannot unwind otherwise and has seperation anxiety if i sit with him and then leave the room

so dvd he settles nicely falls asleep and sleeps for few hours until he decides its time to get up

not advised to all 3.6 yr olds but it works for us gives me my well needed space helps his over active brain calm down and he settles alone

sarah293 Sat 27-Sep-08 10:03:16

Message withdrawn

sphil Sat 27-Sep-08 10:07:19

I sometimes wonder if the acion of lying down in bed has some sort of stimulating effect? DS2 is exactly the same - can be yawning downstairs, then as soon as he hits the bed he's wide awake and wired, usually for a couple of hours.

sarah293 Sat 27-Sep-08 10:09:13

Message withdrawn

bubblagirl Sat 27-Sep-08 10:10:36

i have no sensible advise for you then i guess it could be related to brain damage or my son always hates being moved to bed if asleep so could also be normal maybe someone with similar experience may have advise

i completely sympaphise on lack of sleep though

medicating may make you feel bad but may be a nessesity to her falling asleep so dont be hard on yourself about it one day ds may even need it of sleep pattern doesnt improve

sarah293 Sat 27-Sep-08 10:27:57

Message withdrawn

BriocheDoree Sat 27-Sep-08 13:34:59

I think that a lot of "arseyness" is a normal 4 year old thing, isn't it, i.e. you want her to go to sleep, she doesn't want to, so as soon as she knows she's in bed she'll create havoc. Mine does that. It's also amazing how argumentative my very very speech delayed four year old can be, but when I see her NT peers I see similar behaviour with a better vocabulary! However, I obviously have no exp. of brain damage, so I can't tell you how much is "normal" and how much is "CP". Have you ever tried moving everything forwards - i.e. giving her supper earlier then having her ready to go to bed by the time she would otherwise be falling asleep?

sarah293 Sat 27-Sep-08 14:03:24

Message withdrawn

Tclanger Sat 27-Sep-08 15:58:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LollipopViolet Sat 27-Sep-08 18:30:54

Still happens to me at 18. I can be falling asleep watching telly, then my head hits the pillow and I'm wide awake. Doesn't happen often though. In those cases, if it's getting to the point where I want to cry with frustration, I usually have some Night Nurse. Potent stuff! Sends me right off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now