Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

DCD

(10 Posts)
leamac Tue 23-Sep-08 18:59:06

Does anyone out there have a kid with DCD, my son has been diagnosed and would like to talk to other mums

twocutedarlings Tue 23-Sep-08 20:22:23

Sorry ive not experiance of DVD

Just bumping for you smile

vicsta Tue 23-Sep-08 21:14:34

Please excuse my ignorance whilst I bump your thread, but what is it? Sorry sad

Pollyanna Tue 23-Sep-08 21:17:38

yes - this is dyspraxia isn't it?

Perhaps you should repost with dyspraxia in the title?

I have a 9 yo ds with this. how old is your ds?

mabanana Tue 23-Sep-08 21:23:51

Hi my son has this, I call it dyspraxia, easier to understand I think.

leamac Wed 24-Sep-08 20:54:38

Hi there

I was told that dcd and dyspraxia were two different things so now I am confused. Looking for some advice on how to get the best help for my son, what exactly are the sign of dyspraxia so that i can compare them to my son to see is he fits in that category

thanks everyone

vicsta Wed 24-Sep-08 21:04:32

Hello Leamac,
I have googled both (to decrease my ignorance) and the symptoms seem to be exactly the same and on dyspraxiafoundation.org, they appear to be written as the same thing. I think you would be better off starting a new thread with Dyspraxia in the title. There are lots of MNers with experience of dyspraxia so I think that may help you get better responses. sorry I can't help but at least I know what DCD is now. Gold star for me. Good Luck xx

ahundredtimes Wed 24-Sep-08 21:05:10

Ah. Well I was told they were the same thing. DS2's OT said it was a question of 'semantics'. It's confusing isn't it?

Here is the 'What is' page from the Dyscovery Centre which you might find helpful. Here they put DCD together with Dyspraxia.

www.dyscovery.co.uk/shopping/pdf/F001.pdf

leamac Wed 24-Sep-08 21:16:31

thankyou so much everyone for the help I will read up on both,

anyway less about the exact symptoms and more about the wonderfull kids they describe, is there anyone who would mind having the odd chat with a mum who has a nine year old dcd/dyspraxic son as I am feeling a bit lonely and lot frustrated .

ahundredtimes Wed 24-Sep-08 21:17:58

There are lots of mums with dyspraxic children on MN. Perhaps start a new thread with dyspraxia in the title?

Don't worry if someone doesn't come along immediately. You can always bump the message - someone will find you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now