Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Excuse me I'm rather p1ssed!

(10 Posts)
Merlot Sun 27-Feb-05 00:08:57

Have just had a lovely evening out with dh

We went to a fundraising evening at our local village hall (mexican evening - complete with sombreros ) for the rebuilding of our village sports' pavillion. I have just bid for (and won) a lullaby/nursery rhyme session with a local musician for 6 kids plus ds2 (I thought I might invite the children from hydrotherapy?) Do you think this is too pushy or do you think this is a good idea? Would you run a mile, if someone suggested this to you? Dh is putting doubts in my mind, but I feel that it would be welcomed - over to you.... Of course, it would be free of charge

JakB Sun 27-Feb-05 00:11:56

Ah, love, I have had a few glasses of vino too! Sounds loely. I wouldn't run a mile, at all. Lovely idea

JakB Sun 27-Feb-05 00:13:15

ps Glad you had a lovely evening out...

JaysMum Sun 27-Feb-05 01:20:14

Brilliant idea Merlot. Soooo glad you had a nice night.....hope the head isnt too sore in the morning!!!!!

KarenThirl Sun 27-Feb-05 08:12:40

Glad you had a fun night out. Does you good to get a break, doesn't it?

K
x

JakB Sun 27-Feb-05 10:02:55

How's your head, Merlot?
Mine is rough and I've got to do therapy with dd now!!!!

Merlot Sun 27-Feb-05 11:16:26

OOOerrr! Not so good JakB

But it was a lovely evening

Also bid for (and won) a package which includes (3 hours cleaning,4 hours babysitting and a meal for 2 at a local restaurant) all for £60 !! Bargain!! (Dhh is still reeling and says he's not taking me to another one of those events unless he can tie my hands behind my back!

coppertop Sun 27-Feb-05 13:05:39

I certainly wouldn't run a mile. Of course it would be even funnier if you could get the local musician to wear a sombrero too!

at the cleaning/babysitting/meal package. Lucky so-and-so!

Merlot Sun 27-Feb-05 18:52:30

mmm... the cleaning element is being carried out by one of the men who live in the village and he has offered to do it with nothing on but a frilly apron! Think I'll pass on that one, maybe it would be different if he was a Brad Pitt lookalike!

coppertop Sun 27-Feb-05 21:10:23

Wahey! But where would he keep his feather duster?

Now why don't I get offers like that?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now