Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Argh! Was I being naive in assuming that the SENCO at DD's school would ensure that DD's not very complicated needs would have some kind of continuity into year 1?

(3 Posts)
VeniVidiVickiQV Mon 22-Sep-08 21:59:59

Yes, it's a long thread title - sorry! I suspect this ought to have gone in the SEN section but I couldnt find it blush

robinpud Mon 22-Sep-08 22:03:44

no, in our school all chn with special needs had transition meeting in July with old TA, new Ta and SENCo and external agencies to discuss transition and have special early parents' meeting next week to see how all is going.

VeniVidiVickiQV Mon 22-Sep-08 22:10:35

Ah. See I thought that when we met DD's new teacher last year and explained and she said she'd be going over all DD's requirements (not many, to be fair) with her reception teachers and the senco.

Apparently that's not happened and she mentioned today that "we" would be having a meeting with the SENCO soon, and then realised that the SENCO hadnt called me to arrange it yet......<sigh> sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now