Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

duvet protectors, waterproof....anyone know of a good one?

(6 Posts)
busybeingmum Thu 18-Sep-08 21:48:55

Message withdrawn

busybeingmum Fri 19-Sep-08 12:32:01

Message withdrawn

MommyUpNorth Fri 19-Sep-08 13:42:17

When dd was still bedwetting nightly, I couldn't cope with the whole duvet thing... washing/drying/airing everything out. So we switched to fleece blankets. We use 1 in spring/summer, and more in winter. They take no time at all to dry!

magso Fri 19-Sep-08 18:37:28

I use a thin duvet (with a cotton outer cover and no loose cover - from Ikea) or a couple of fleece blankets instead of a sheet to protect the duvet. I have several of each and with several wet beds a night I sometimes have all in the wash! The next layer up usually survives! I did buy an expensive waterproof breathable duvet cover but it takes an age to dry once smelly and needing a wash! Ds (a sensative child!) also found it too hot and heavy. You can buy waterproof duvets - they are very thin and cost a fortune so I havent gone down this route. I also have a tube shaped pad (sold as a sleeping bag liner,) but as ds is extremely mobile this doesnt work for him - except in a sleeping bag. Many of thes things are available from ERIC but I find them expensive!

BlueTwo Fri 19-Sep-08 18:53:26

I agree with MummyUpNorth - I have a bedwetter on my hands, and I bought this set from Argos this page
We found that it made the duvet really noisy and very "stiff", so I use the mattress protector and pillow protector (boy has this saved me a fortune in pillows!), but I use a light blanket in the duvet cover and then put DS in warm pyjamas. Seems to work so far - and the blanket dries out really quickly. Blue

busybeingmum Fri 19-Sep-08 21:51:32

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now