Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

If ONE more person comments on how much DS loves his wheelchair I'll smack them!

(11 Posts)
Nat1H Thu 18-Sep-08 21:32:14

Of course he loves it.

HE CAN MOVE!!!

Seuss Thu 18-Sep-08 21:37:55

Don't smack them - get him to run them over!

Nat1H Thu 18-Sep-08 21:40:09

He does that anyway!! grin

Seuss Thu 18-Sep-08 21:41:43

tee hee! Does he act all innocent when he does it?

2shoes Thu 18-Sep-08 21:42:02

dd escapes in her powered chair.

Seuss Thu 18-Sep-08 21:44:46

lol - that's great (not for the person who has to give chase tho!). My son (ASD) is a bit of a runner and getting faster by the day - glad to hear I'm not the only one having to keep fit!

Seuss Thu 18-Sep-08 21:46:22

In-laws have FINALLY twigged that he won't stop running when he realises we aren't chasing!

Nat1H Thu 18-Sep-08 22:22:11

Seuss - he laughs!!
You can see who he's aiming for by the look on his face when he's thinking about setting off!

Nat1H Thu 18-Sep-08 22:26:18

How far away did DS have to get before your in-laws started runnung again! (Have a lovely picture in my head of DS miles away and knackered in-laws trying to catch up!!!grin)

Seuss Fri 19-Sep-08 14:29:08

Unfortunately it's always me that ends up running - they stand there chatting about 'kids always come back when they realise they've gone too far', 'he won't go out of sight...' by which time I am sprinting across beach/playground/shopping centre. This has been going on years, he is 8 now, and finally, finally the other day FIL says 'he won't stop will he!' followed by 'he has no fear does he!' It was a real breakthrough moment and I can only hope he passes his new-found knowledge around the rest of the family!

Seuss Fri 19-Sep-08 14:30:40

DS is a bit like yours - he has a look that says 'I'm gonna run', probably much the same as your ds' 'take aim and fire' look!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now