Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

symbol world

(15 Posts)
Jimjams Wed 23-Feb-05 22:23:03

Just found symbol world and thought it worth sharing.

Also I've bought in print 2 which allows you to put together books supported by text and rebus symbols and its really rather good (I needed the rebus symbol set and its cheaper than widgit- extra bonus). Unfortunately the lovely people at inclusive technology have told me its not VAT exempt. But it is good.

MrsFROSTgetful Wed 23-Feb-05 22:35:26

that is FANTASTIC!!!! i have just had a peek!

Jimjams Wed 23-Feb-05 22:37:22

Good isn't it mrsf? I'm feeling the need to be creative and want to make ds1 some books. But first I think he'll like to look at the instructions on using the washing machine

MrsFROSTgetful Wed 23-Feb-05 22:44:25

i might be 'crafty'and ask ds1 to go on there and choose some pictures to make a book for ds2 and 3....but my real reason is HE will benefit too!!!!!

MrsFROSTgetful Wed 23-Feb-05 22:54:07

it's funny really..... bt even though my boys can speak well...etc etc etc!!! when i looked through that site i got 'excited' as i could tell straight away that the 'words and pictures' would be fantastic help in getting them to 'sequence' etc....and tonight i realised why ds1 usually has the subtiltles on...he can follow the speech better- he finds the faces hard to watch....that was his own explanation!

eidsvold Thu 24-Feb-05 03:31:00

wow - dd1 is fascinated by the computer - here is something she might be able to use....thanks so much.

Keane Thu 24-Feb-05 07:29:06

thanks jimjams, i think they must use this site at my daughters school as she recognised it! and on the bears in the bed she said ""roll over, roll over"

you dont know how shocked I am about that!

JaysMum Thu 24-Feb-05 09:36:18

What a fab site Jim Jams.....J loves the story about the dinner lady who is really an alien!!!!!!

JakB Thu 24-Feb-05 09:39:15

How FAB is this site!!!!!

MrsFROSTgetful Thu 24-Feb-05 09:41:18

i'm still amazed that all this stuff is free to use!

i can't get the 'emotions' stuff to work...can't wait for that to be running!

JaysMum Thu 24-Feb-05 09:48:03

J LOVES the cameleon.....5 flies....he is giggling so much and pulling the keyboard off me.

MrsFROSTgetful Thu 24-Feb-05 11:17:25

I played the chameleon too!!!

haven't shown the boys yet!!

JaysMum Thu 24-Feb-05 11:30:21

I have just printed off some really useful stuff from this site which will help me loads with J's home ed.

Thank you so very much for falgging it up Jimjams.....you are a star****

Merlot Thu 24-Feb-05 11:54:56

Thanks Jim Jams

That looks really interesting.

Might even have to buy myself a laminator now!

MrsFROSTgetful Thu 24-Feb-05 12:06:09

Tesco's had one last week @ under £15!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now