Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

The penny drops....

(8 Posts)
jimjamshaslefttheyurt Fri 12-Sep-08 22:40:06

It's full moon on Monday.

Hence child refusing to go to sleep for the last 3 nights.

silverfrog Fri 12-Sep-08 22:42:22

yes, i just reaised earlier that we are nearing full moon - possibly the cause of dd not eating... and definitely the cause of her being tired and emotional

2shoes Fri 12-Sep-08 22:43:13

ouch

staryeyed Sat 13-Sep-08 09:24:32

I noticed that with the last full moon but Ds has been ok these last few nights.

bullet123 Sat 13-Sep-08 11:36:49

I think you may be right. Ds1 refused to sleep until 12.30 last night (normal sleeping hours are 10.30 - 11.00 pm).

LollipopViolet Sat 13-Sep-08 12:09:16

Can anyone explain why the moon makes a difference to their kids? I'm a little confused.

misscutandstick Sat 13-Sep-08 19:40:58

do you know... i really dont know - but i DO KNOW that it affects NT kids as well. DH (ICT teacher) can always tell when the moons coming to 'full' - the kids at school really do start going a bit 'loopy' (sorry if that term offends anyone, but cant think of a better one!) or 'loony' (luny) I suppose (taken from the word 'lunatic' from 'lune' meaning moon. So 'those' people have known about the strange effects for years!) ANyhoo... the kids tend to go all hyper and bouncy, very emotional (flip-flopping from one extreme to the other), fidgety, on edge, and just ermm a bit peculiar!

Seuss Sat 13-Sep-08 21:51:55

Strangely it's my ds2(NT) who has gone a bit whacky the last few days. Despite being awful last time ds1(ASD) has been ok. I think maybe it's cos the last one coincided with the summer hols and things were all up in the air already. The last one was awful here, all three were leaping off sofas in a very feral way!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now