Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

DS2 has started doing this funny bunny-hopping crawling....

(4 Posts)
mm22bys Tue 09-Sep-08 09:17:31

Hi,

DS2 has been crawling for a few months now, but in the last two days he's started doing this funny bunny-hopping style crawl, where he lifts up his arms and lurches forward - he does three or four in a row.

It's really funny, but we're not sure what it means, whether he's getting stronger, or actually weaker?

HairyMaclary Tue 09-Sep-08 09:34:25

I know you don't have a diagnosis for your son but we have been advised for DS1 with CP to discourage bunny hopping as much a possible. As I understand it this is because it is not using the alternating pattern that is so important and is using both sides of the body together. We do a mixture of ignoring it, because as you say it is quite funny, and telling him to crawl properly.

FioFio Tue 09-Sep-08 09:44:39

Message withdrawn

mm22bys Tue 09-Sep-08 11:00:25

He's been crawling (normally - cross-pattern style that I know is so important for all sorts of reasons) for months though. His upper body has always been relatively weaker though than his lower body, we were hoping it might mean he was getting stronger.

He's always been good at getting out of things he doesn't like though, maybe the normal crawling is hard for him and he's figured a way to get out of it too!

The physio is coming this afternoon, I'll ask for her take on it too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now