Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

This story is so sad......... and awful too.......

(118 Posts)
lottiejenkins Mon 08-Sep-08 18:53:51

www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/2008/09/08/mum-could-not-cope-with-disabled-daughter-91466-217 05000/

Mamazon Mon 08-Sep-08 18:58:44

that is such an awful story.
sad that poor poor child. her father must be distraught.

binkythebullet Mon 08-Sep-08 19:23:51

I can't even finish reading that - it's horrific. I feel physically sick. It makes me thiink fo someone doing that to my dd.

binkythebullet Mon 08-Sep-08 19:24:49

And if she wasn't mentally ill (which puts an entirely different spin on it IMO), and it was pre-meditated, then I hope she goes away for a long, long time.

expatinscotland Mon 08-Sep-08 19:34:07

if you can't cope with the reality of having a disabled child, then you have no business having children, IMO. it's entirely possible for people to become disabled after being born healthy, after all.

why didn't she just leave?

if her husband was doing much of the work, she could have just bailed on them both rather than killing the little girl.

sad

sarah293 Tue 09-Sep-08 16:10:37

Message withdrawn

Glitterknickaz Tue 09-Sep-08 16:35:41

Well if she was having sex with a work colleague then why the hell not go her own merry way with him and leave her daughter with her very loving father?
Witch.

FioFio Tue 09-Sep-08 17:09:41

Message withdrawn

Cappuccino Tue 09-Sep-08 17:16:26

I think calling her a witch is out of order

who knows what the fuck was going on. Yes she could have left the dad and the child behind and not murdered her.

but she didn't, and even tho it says she has no mental illness, I'd say that a woman who is having an affair and murdering her daughter and driving around with bottles of wine in the car is not in full control of her faculties

something has gone very wrong for the woman and I don't think that we're the people who should be calling her names. We are supposed to know better than that.

magso Tue 09-Sep-08 17:21:41

I just cannot understand either! People simply do not kill - a very definate act- out of embarressment! (or have I too much faith in humanity?)That sounds like lawyer speak to me so I am sure there is more to this than meets the eye!
It is all very tragic.

2shoes Tue 09-Sep-08 17:22:46

couldn't read all the link.
god what an awful woman.
poor poor child.
god I hope thay lock her up and throw away the key

FioFio Tue 09-Sep-08 17:27:01

Message withdrawn

Pixel Tue 09-Sep-08 17:29:06

There's a photo here. No wonder her dad doted on her, what a little darling sad.

2shoes Tue 09-Sep-08 17:34:53

sorry fio but I can find no sympathy for someone who does that.

sarah293 Tue 09-Sep-08 17:36:09

Message withdrawn

Doodle2U Tue 09-Sep-08 17:39:43

There'll be a huge story behind the few facts that have been used in that article. Mark my words - what we're told there is just scratching the surface.

Blu Tue 09-Sep-08 17:45:10

Sympathy is not what I feel for the woman - but I do agree with Capp and Fio.

Anyway, she will be locked up, - and nothing can change things now for the poor child and her father. Really horrible.

It can't have been particularly rationally thought out - her strategy for not getting caught was non-existent.

Spagblog Tue 09-Sep-08 17:45:21

I don't care about disability or mental state of the parent - Anyone who murders their own child when there is someone there who loves them and would gladly care for them is a selfish bitch/bastard

Blu Tue 09-Sep-08 17:49:43

Riven - I can't honestly see anyone looking at her dd's disability as any kind of mitigating factor - I think that will rather increase the horror and condemnation over what she has done.

But I think, as Doodle says, there'll be a lot more behind this. (and I don't mean connected or relevant to her dd's disability, either)

chipmonkey Tue 09-Sep-08 17:51:07

shock and sad and angry

2shoes Tue 09-Sep-08 17:56:39

ar the end of the day no excuse
she murdered her dd.
some people are just evil.

sarah293 Tue 09-Sep-08 18:18:36

Message withdrawn

time4me Tue 09-Sep-08 18:40:15

Hugs to riven because that is what i felt.I do not think this mother should be blamed for covering up her daughters calipers as I cover my sons up only because I want him to look his best,and they are unsightly.You just wonder if they are going to stick other things on the mother when she could be severely mentally ill.Poor beautiful child.
sad

edam Tue 09-Sep-08 18:46:18

Such a tragic story. That poor little girl. But we haven't heard the defence yet etc. etc. etc.

MannyMoeAndJack Tue 09-Sep-08 18:48:02

My first thought when I read this sad story was, 'what a beautiful girl' and my next thought was, 'I would do anything for mild'.

A terrible tragedy for everyone concerned.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now