Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

just one more question RE Major buggy!!

(8 Posts)
anniebear Tue 22-Feb-05 12:58:13

we went for out assessment yesterday for a Major Buggy and came away with one there and then!! I thought we would have to wait.

I wanted to order some accessories to go with it but a friend told me that she had to pay £10 P&P when she ordered her accessories from the place in the information pack you get.

Has anybody bought them from somewhere else, maybe on line?

I was going to get the removable cover as she can get quite messy when eating, sun canopy/raincover and the basket.

Any thoughts? Has anybody got the basket?? Do you use it much?

To be honest she is at pre school 4 mornings and a day so we wont even be using it that much. Not sure if it's worth paying for the bits to go with it?

Thanks

xxxxxx

Saker Tue 22-Feb-05 13:40:45

I have seen some accessories on e-bay although you will probably have to pay similar postage unless they happen to be local to you.

Dingle Tue 22-Feb-05 13:46:13

Great news anniebear! DD has had hers for a few weeks now, we managed to fit the net bag thing(!!!) from our old buggy, on the back so at least I have something.
We have decided against buying the hood and raincover as I know dd feels very enclosed and would only rip it off to "talk" to people!
We may get the chest pad simply because dd is a bit of a houdini and particuarly in the summer when she isn't wearing all the layers of clothes, she wiggles her way out of the harness.
Sorry, I can't do links to previous threads, but it wasn't long ago I asked about this. I think the thread was called "dd has major buggy assesment tomorrow!" A few people did links there for me. Sorry I can't be of any more help but great news for you anniebear!

pixel Tue 22-Feb-05 13:56:58

I would definately say the basket is worth it as I use mine ALL the time. I won't hang anything on the handles as I find the buggy quite easy to tip back. The basket is strong and holds a surprising amount.

I've got the sunshade as well which we were really glad of last summer on days out. Be warned though, it doesn't fold up and takes up a lot of room in the car. It also makes the buggy seem huge if you are short like me because all you can see is a big expanse of blue cloth.

You might want to check before you buy the seat cover as I'm pretty sure mine isn't machine washable.

Can I ask a question as well? I've been thinking about the cosytoes as ds is very sensitive to the cold and ends up crying but won't keep a blanket or gloves on. If anyone's got one I want to know if it is a real pain to take it off before you can fold the buggy up?

anniebear Tue 22-Feb-05 14:07:35

Thanks for that

Thanks Dingle also for bumping up the other message, you got to it just before me!!!

The buggy is great, just a shame it doesn't fold with the foot rest! We also got given a padded cushion to make Ellie sit forward more as her legs were a bit short!! This has to have the straps unclipped each time to take it off when I fold it. If I get the sun shade I will be spending more time putting things on and off than I do pushing it!!!!

Not complaining though!!!!!!!!

Please tell me it folds with the shopping tray on?!

anniebear Tue 22-Feb-05 14:41:54

as well as does it fold with the basket on.....what are the bendy bits for on the handles?!!

Where you hold to push the bugy there is a piece on each handle that sort of bends??

any clues?

Maybe I should just read the manual!!!!!!!!

Keane Tue 22-Feb-05 14:45:54

One of m,y bendy bits has broke

I think its just to make it look a bit more trendy and you put your handle in the middle iykwim

pixel Tue 22-Feb-05 18:00:04

Yes, it folds with the basket on as it is only a sort of canvas material (well mine is and it's the proper major one)and you can also fold it with the raincover shown on the bumped up thread. I saw that and bought the same one from ebay. It's very nice with a zip round the middle so you don't have to take the whole thing off every time you pop in a shop or something. I'm glad that you don't have to take it off all the time though as I had terrible trouble getting it on in the first place. The clips are really tight and it's staying on til spring now!

I've often wondered what the bendy bit is for too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now