Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

She's doing her 1st full day at school today!

(28 Posts)
ThomCat Mon 21-Feb-05 11:27:32

Agggghhhhhhhhhh! Exciting! Nervous and apprehensive and really pleased.

She slept from 3pm yesterday till this morning. Got up today, desperate for a 'dink', so guzzled down a full bottle of mile and then was promplty sick all over my bed! First time she's ever puked! It was just because of the milk, she's fine.

Anyway, she allowed me to plait her her in two little braids down the side and off she went with her packed lunch.

9.30am - 3.30pm

Can't wait to get a full report and more importantly see how she copes with it all, will only really be able to gauge that at the weekend i suppose.

Bless her

SPARKLER1 Mon 21-Feb-05 11:29:02

ah lovely - enjoy your time. Let us know how she got on. x

Enid Mon 21-Feb-05 11:29:39

braids! bless. Ah good luck, did you cry?

FineFigureFio Mon 21-Feb-05 11:31:44

is it real school or pre-school? i cannot beleive she is that old already, i am stuck in a time warp.

Hope it all goes well

JaysMum Mon 21-Feb-05 11:35:59

Oh Thomcat....I hope "little kitty" has a wonderful time.

ThomCat Mon 21-Feb-05 12:10:12

It's a full day at her pre-school Fio, don't worry, time's not flying by that fast!
Until today she did 3 morning s a week, 9.30 - 12.30 but decided to give a couple of full days a go. She normally sleeps for 2 hours a day at about 3, so hope she'll cope ok.

No I didn't cry, just felt very proud and like a real mum with a very grown up little girl! Thre was somethig about the dropping her off with her packed lunch knowing she's having her lunch at school etc that made a real difference.

She looked so scrummy in her little braids, like little Hiawatha. I made her walk in, I hold her under her arms and she does the walking action.
She looked so adorable and so grown up.

macwoozy Mon 21-Feb-05 12:29:32

Its a proud moment taking your child for the first full day at pre school. She sounds so sweet with her braids.

ThomCat Mon 21-Feb-05 17:16:43

She had a great day by all accounts.

My dad picked her up. He said she had fallen asleep in the car before they had left the car park!

Bless her.

coppertop Mon 21-Feb-05 17:46:27

Awww! She's growing up so quickly. I'm glad she had such a good day.

Jimjams Mon 21-Feb-05 20:25:19

Christie Mon 21-Feb-05 20:52:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ImuststopdrinkingBlossomhill Mon 21-Feb-05 21:00:54

Bless Glad it all went well Thomcat.

ThomCat Mon 21-Feb-05 21:06:46

That is one tired little girl. I picked her up from dad's and when I got home (7pm) she just cuddled into me so I took her straight to bed, read her a book and her eyes were all heavy as I kissed her goodnight. Went to the bathroom, came back to look in - fast asleep.

lockets Mon 21-Feb-05 21:08:58

Message withdrawn

pixiefish Mon 21-Feb-05 21:10:36

Bless tc. Big hugs and kisses to Lottie

nikcola Mon 21-Feb-05 21:10:51

ThomCat Mon 21-Feb-05 21:12:55

God no, she'd never cope with that, I realise that more so than ever.
No a full day Mon, 1/2 day Tues, full day Weds, then Thursday she goes to a privat eSALT for an hour, but it means being out from 9.30 to 1 due to travelling there and Friday is hospital appts and mother & daughter stuff etc.

JaysMum Mon 21-Feb-05 21:13:46

Your posts always make me smile.....so glad all was well.

lockets Mon 21-Feb-05 21:14:45

Message withdrawn

katierocket Mon 21-Feb-05 21:30:28

ahhh, glad lottie enjoyed it and bless her being so tireed. I have such a strong mental image of her little ponytails

(was katierocket, then nasa, now kr again <yawn>)

eidsvold Mon 21-Feb-05 21:44:22

glad to hear she had a good day - about those braids how do you get her to sit still long enough to braid her hair..... I can barely get dd1's into a pony tail. I sit her in front of hte bathroom mirror and she cleans her teeth whislt I am doing hair.

lou33 Tue 22-Feb-05 00:11:45

oh tc

got any pics to email me for my collection?!

ThomCat Tue 22-Feb-05 09:11:07

I will have some more soon Lou, but you must promise to send me some.

Edisvold, the braids were a first. I couldn't believe it. Hair brushing is a nightmare, we have to do it on my bed or she could hurt herself. Lots of throwing herself back on my lap, putting her head between her legs, anything to avoid the brush and all the time shouting 'NOOOOOOO'. Just now and then I can sneak up and do something. This morning she has the front section of her hair pulled back and plaited but it took Pooh Bear on telly and me cooing 'ahhh, good girl, so pretty' in her ear to get it done and I had to be really, really fast, but ever so, ever so gentle.

Hair and a young girl = nightmare!
Her hair is down to her waist almost and I scrapped the fringe indea just becasue I couldn't put a hairdresser, or me, or Lottie through the terror every couple of weeeks!

Enid Tue 22-Feb-05 09:14:38

so good to get rid of the fringe while you still can though. dd2 has never had one thank god but I'd love to grow dd1's out. dd1 has to live in Alice bands...but then dd2 has to have a clip. Feel like giving them both a good crop

lou33 Tue 22-Feb-05 09:26:26

deal !

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: