Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

first full day at school for DS2

(7 Posts)
sphil Thu 04-Sep-08 10:06:04

He went in fine - I was very proud of him as it's always a bit chaotic on the first day of term. He looked very nervous (so did DS1) - but I KNOW that I'm more nervous than either of them. SENCO met me at classroom door and we had a good chat, which was lovely. Took in a huge bag with 5 pairs of training pants and 5 pairs of trousers, but I think they'll keep him in pull ups today as everything else is so new.

Don't get me wrong - I am REALLY looking forward to having a whole day to myself twice a week (he's only doing mornings the other days) but I've still got butterflies!

magso Thu 04-Sep-08 10:14:30

Glad it went well on day one. I expect you feel a bit at a loose end now!

Tclanger Thu 04-Sep-08 12:16:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sphil Thu 04-Sep-08 21:16:28

He had a good day, though he was a bit unhappy for the last half an hour (probably thinking 'how much LONGER!')

This evening he chose his own pyjamas, rejecting the ones DH was trying to put on him, opening the drawer and saying 'these' shock. He also pulled me out of the chair when DH was trying to put him to bed, saying 'bed please' (he never puts two words together).

I'm hoping this is an effect of school and will continue smile

jimjamshaslefttheyurt Thu 04-Sep-08 22:46:54

Glad it went well

Saker Thu 04-Sep-08 22:49:49

Sounds good Sphil. Enjoy the time to yourself.

sphil Sat 06-Sep-08 08:45:39

OMG - I LOVE his new teacher. She is so interested in him - she talks to him and encourages eye contact, she gives him time to reply... Yesterday he got two ticks on the board - one for good looking, one for good listening smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now