Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Hooray! Finally have DSA sorted!

(2 Posts)
LollipopViolet Tue 02-Sep-08 12:47:30

I've had approval to order my equipment! I'm so happy because it's actually going to help so much at uni. I'm getting an iMac with ClaroRead software, a printer/scanner and a dictaphone. They're also providing a consumables allowance, book allowance, as well as mobility training around campus and they'll refund the difference between taxi fare and bus fare should I need to get home from uni and I find it's too dark to travel confidently. So I'm giving the LEA time to fax my report through to the company then I'm getting some stuff!

It'll help so much, especially the voice software, because it'll mean that I can access all websites. Some I can't because of small writing, poor font/colour choices etc.

HOORAY! Oh, and I've got to smile, my two friends H and K, who I may have mentioned, started college yesterday, going from a SN school, and they LOVE it! So happy for them!

Annoyingly though, they WON'T fund mobility rround the local area so I can fully engage socially. So I'll still have to ask for help iif I can't see where the bus stop is.

twocutedarlings Tue 02-Sep-08 12:56:19

That wonderfull news Lolli grin

Hope you enjoy your corse, and wont be having to much fun wink.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now