Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Blood tests to check immunity (trying to avoid boosters)

(5 Posts)
runikka Mon 01-Sep-08 18:29:01

Good evening

I just wondered if anyone knows how you go about getting a blood test to check immunity levels for the MMR and alike. Daniel is due his MMR booster plus dip/tet/hib etc meaning 7 in 1 :/ At the moment we are not going for it but it leaves a big "what if" playing on my mind. I guess I'd like reassurance that if he did come into contact he has immunity and have heard of blood tests but pretty sure gp will flatly say have jabs if we ask.

catweazle Mon 01-Sep-08 18:31:53

You'll probably have to pay to have it checked privately.

runikka Mon 01-Sep-08 18:39:49

Many thanks Catweazle. We are ok with paying but worried that we'll need gp referral even if done privately. We had that problem for a blood test to check gluten/casein intolerances where they said only a paed could refer and she refused

ancientmiddleagedmum Tue 02-Sep-08 16:31:22

we used Dr Primavesi just off Harley street in london for single jabs and immunity tests. It was all v expensive and the immunity tests were pretty grim (first time my DD had blood drawn!) but it meant I didn't have to do the booster

catweazle Tue 02-Sep-08 18:06:33

The Holborn clinic does immunity tests (we've just had a single measles jab and he advised us to check in 6 months time)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now