Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

How do you get your LO to have a lunch time nap?

(4 Posts)
Mylittlebubble Mon 01-Sep-08 14:31:28

My DD is 19 weeks and has always had lovely long naps at lunch time 1 -2 hours. Recently she has slept less and fights off sleeping! Does your LO have lunch time naps, how do you encourage this? At the moment I am putting her in her pushchair in front of washing machine, which works perfectly but worried this is becoming a bad habit!! Any tips anyone smile

kt14 Mon 01-Sep-08 14:42:34

hi, did you mean to post in the sleep section?
But if I can help, I will! I always put DS2 in his cot, in the dark at roughly the same time each day. He has learned to settle himself within minutes and then has a couple of hours. If we're out he'll fight sleep so i have to make sure he has an early night or he's horrid and cranky.
Do you have to have your washing machine on for your DD to sleep?! Probably best to break that habit sooner rather than later for the sake of your leccy and water bills, but at least you'll be on top of the washing I guess!!

cyberseraphim Mon 01-Sep-08 14:47:00

I don't think a washing machine is a special need - but maybe you need to cut back on the morning nap ? Neither of mine ever needed anything like the amount of day time sleep that other babies seemed to need so whenever a nap wasn't working we cut it out or back

Mylittlebubble Mon 01-Sep-08 16:19:07

Oops yes meant to put in Sleep.

Kt, yes have no nore washing left help!! I do the same with the dark thing in her cot but she really does cry and if left I am sure she would go on for hours like that. How to you manage when you out and about?

Cyber - think you maybe on to something there about the morning nap. I need to cut it back. I have been selfish with it and let her do it longer than she should at this age so I can get extra shut eye! Naughty me wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now