Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

ds been today to see community paediatrician for possible Aspergers what now?

(8 Posts)
trace2 Mon 01-Sep-08 11:31:47

he thinks ds as got Aspergers spectron will have to wait for more meets! but at least we now now it sounds like it dh is very sad and dont want ds labeled but i have told him it will help because they will help us how to handel ds.

what do we do now do we wait for a dx been told it can be a while? or do we go into school and tell them, can we get help? sorry just so new to this, by the way dh is not dx but i know he is on the spectron as well

trace2 Mon 01-Sep-08 12:01:25

anyone with any advice?

mrz Mon 01-Sep-08 12:10:51

How old is your son? Is he having problems in school?

trace2 Mon 01-Sep-08 12:36:31

hes 6 years the only problem at school is the soical side, hes a bright boy but he dont speak out, wont join in hes a loner i feel so sorry for he on his own al the time

twocutedarlings Mon 01-Sep-08 12:55:56

Hi Trace,

Has the pead refered your DS?

Tbh, i would tell the school, there is lots that can be done to help your DS his with social skills. My DD (almost 6) was Dxd with AS 12mths ago, her social skils over that time have come on lots. At one point she couldnt even tolerate another child near her, she will now play with familiar children really well and will allow most children to aleast play along side her.

mrz Mon 01-Sep-08 13:04:40

I agree tell the school they can work on things while waiting for a diagnosis. Good Luck

coppertop Mon 01-Sep-08 13:05:39

I would definitely speak to the school.

Both of mine have had joining in with class discussions/speaking out as one of their IEP targets so this is something the school could help your ds with. They might also have a social skills group or something similar.

trace2 Mon 01-Sep-08 15:21:31

thank you i am going to make an appiontment with his new teacher, and yes he as been refered and now i know why ds is like he issad no matter what i love him the same and to me ive always know he was diffrent, just i didnt know what.

it was a nightmare getting him weighted though at the clinic

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now