Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

dla renewal - need virtual kick up the bum ....

(5 Posts)
mimsum Sat 30-Aug-08 13:37:38

ds1's DLA renewal is due - actually dropped through the letterbox last month and promptly got filed in the 'can't face it right now' box ...

this morning I got a reminder letter

I know I've got to do it - it'll be a big chunk out of our budget if we don't have it - but I dread filling in the forms

I hate the way you have to dwell on all the bad bits and makes me feel the same way as when I read ds1's statement

catweazle Sat 30-Aug-08 14:04:12

Consider yourself kicked grin

It's awful isn't it. Our last renewal took me about a fortnight to fill in, once I'd finally made myself sit down and do it (and only then because the deadline was very close). Do you have last times to copy?

bullet123 Sat 30-Aug-08 15:44:06

Before you fill it in, write down all the positive things about your child and have a look at that once all the negative DLA form filling is completed.

cyberseraphim Sat 30-Aug-08 16:15:48

I just pretended I was writing about someone else's child - an imaginary ASD child that I'd never met.

mimsum Sat 30-Aug-08 18:34:27

thanks

unfortunately our computer caught fire last summer and all my records from last time went up in smoke (that's taught me to back stuff up)

and that's a great idea about writing down all the positive things - ds's school swimming coach wrote a glowing report about him for his annual review - it made me want to cry as it was just so lovely to read - and also made me realise it was the first completely positive report we'd ever had about ds - I still want to hug his coach!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now