Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Car seat for 16 month old with developmental delay who cannot sit up?

(6 Posts)
TotalChaos Sat 30-Aug-08 11:01:02

(have copied and pasted from another thread on SN board, as thought more people would see as a separate thread)

By tyghj on Fri 29-Aug-08 23:39:17

Hi, I just wondered if anyone can help, my 16month old daughter is going through tests at the moment, pointing in the direction of a movement disorder/brain condition, she has a development delay and is unable to sit unaided, i am trying to get her a new car seat as she has grown out of her rear facing but halfords etc will not sell me one as she doesn't sit up, but where do I get one from?? I have spoke with her OT but still I'm not sure...i've heard that they can cost anything from £800 is that right?

wb Sat 30-Aug-08 12:16:20

I don't know if it would be suitable but my son's britax seat (next stage up from backward facing) has not only an upright but a reclined position which is similar in support terms to a backward facing seat.

cktwo Sat 30-Aug-08 13:18:05

Yes, our Mamas and Papas have a handle to turn the seat into three different recline positions. It was cheep though, about £120.

cktwo Sat 30-Aug-08 13:20:28

I think its the Pro Tec one

ouryve Sat 30-Aug-08 13:32:01

Would a convertible group 0+/1 seat be suitable - something like the Britax first class which can be used rear facing to 18kg/29lb, or has she grown out of her seat by weight, too?

misdee Sat 30-Aug-08 13:54:28

special needs car seats inc the britax nodic which is rearfacing to age 4 approx.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now