Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

2nd Anniversary

(10 Posts)
survivour Fri 18-Feb-05 13:00:26

I just had to put this up.......Today we are celebrating my sons 2nd anniversary. He has had a 5 hour major heart repair to fix four things wrong with his heart... And he is just perfect. He is now 30 months old, he can't talk, but is eating(he has had a facial stroke). I was going to add this to the proud mums section, but I decided to put it up here, if only to encourage others, that there is a light at the end of that very long dark tunnel. Our problems are not over but they are not as hard as they were in the begining..............

Potty1 Fri 18-Feb-05 13:35:10

Hi Survivour- those first couple of years were tough weren't they?

Dd has her 'heart' anniversary recently. Eleven years ago at about 4pm on 4th Feb her cardiologist told us that she'd be lucky to survive her surgery and that her heart function was so poor that she may need a transplant even if she did make it.

Fast forward 11 years and she was playing football in the school team (under 11 girls) - just 10 minutes and at the back so she wouldn't have to run much - but she really enjoyed herself. She did her bit and they won 7-0. Her big smiley - if a bit blue - face was brilliant to see.

..........just proving that sometimes things do work out - that they will get better.

Its lovely to have a special day when you can look back and see the worry, pain and stress and then be able to turn and smile at what your child has achieved. Have a good day survivour.

Soppy moment over.

Potty (aka Luckymum)

JaysMum Fri 18-Feb-05 15:03:48

just so made up for you......

your post bought a to my face.

thank you for sharing your news with us.

xxx

Davros Fri 18-Feb-05 17:14:36

Congratulations on the anniversary Survivour and on your DD's progress potty1

coppertop Sun 20-Feb-05 13:45:23

Happy anniversary to Survivour and Potty.

coppertop Sun 20-Feb-05 13:46:08

Ooops! Just realised that sounds like you're a couple.

Potty1 Sun 20-Feb-05 13:59:14

ThomCat Sun 20-Feb-05 20:46:39

Good to read your post survivour .yours potty Wonderful stuff.

eidsvold Sun 20-Feb-05 21:14:10

as a mum to a 'heart' child - it is always fab to read this sort of news.

survivour Sun 20-Feb-05 23:58:33

Thank you all girls xxxxxxxx looking forward to many more stress free years. My fingers are crossed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now