Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Physiotherapy for children with neurological disorders

(9 Posts)
Footsteps Tue 26-Aug-08 15:32:02

Hi everyone,

I work for a fantastic physiotherapy centre called 'FOOTSTEPS', and wanted to post our info here in case it is useful to anyone, or anyone you know.

Footsteps provides 3 week intensive private physiotherapy sessions for children and young people with neurological disorders. We have one gym in Oxfordshire and one in Wales.
Our physiotherapists use state of the art equipment alongside more traditional physiotherapy techniques, which aids physical development as well as confidence building.

We have also recently set up a charity called The Footsteps Foundation, which provides grants to parents who cannot afford to pay for the therapy.

Our websites are www.footsteps.ltd.uk and www.footstepsfoundation.com

Our email is info@footsteps.ltd.uk if you want to get in contact.

sarah293 Tue 26-Aug-08 15:42:35

Message withdrawn

HairyMaclary Tue 26-Aug-08 17:48:19

Oh wow, wasn't expecting to see this here! We are there now for our third visit and it is great. I think DS really benefits from the intensive physio and we see noticeable improvements after each visit.
Riven - I haven't seen any children there with severe CP on my visits, all have been moderate. That's not to say they don't have any or deal with it, but I think it might be hard for her to use the spider 'the state of the art' bit with no head control. She would definately benefit from the 'more traditional' physio though.
I hope they respond because they may have encountered this before and have a solution!

Footsteps Fri 29-Aug-08 08:56:32

Hi Riven,
I think the best idea is to visit the centre and to meet the physiotherapists who will be able to assess the suitability and the benefits of the treatment for your daughter. The assessment is free and takes about one hour.

sarah293 Fri 29-Aug-08 09:13:26

Message withdrawn

vicsta Fri 29-Aug-08 13:49:24

Me again Riven, am stalking you! I'm pretty sure its in Newport. Just to add, have heard about it before thru my job and have only heard excellent reviews.

commacomma Fri 29-Aug-08 18:15:36

can't get past the title page on the footsteps foundation site. is there more to it?

Footsteps Mon 01-Sep-08 17:17:21

Hi commacomma,

Hopefully the website will be up and running by Thursday. As the charity has only recently been set up, things are just getting going!

Footsteps Mon 01-Sep-08 17:23:20

Hi Riven,

The address for the centre in Newport is
9 Fford Camlas
Rogerstone
Newport
NP10 9LW

Contact Antonella Morris on 01633 894 194

She is away on holiday untill the weekend. For the Oxford centre, the nearest train station is Didcot, which is about 20 minutes away and you would need to get a taxi, as there is no public transport.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now