Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

hi can i have some advice please re carers cards etc

(8 Posts)
jammi Mon 25-Aug-08 10:36:25

Message withdrawn

misscutandstick Mon 25-Aug-08 14:35:58

gets a carer in free when visiting most popular cinemas. DS1's took about 3weeks in arriving.

The DLA award notice will also let the carer in most theme parks either free or half price, but you will have to check with them beforehand because very few advertise 'special rates'.

Ive tried in vain getting a 'carers card', my council wont even admit to there being one!

misscutandstick Mon 25-Aug-08 14:38:04

PS forgot to mention - the cinema wont accept the DLA award (IME), it has to be the card.

nannynick Mon 25-Aug-08 16:11:27

Merlin do a carers card. The child has to pay for an annual merlin pass, they then get a carer pass free. The carer pass has the child's picture on, so is valid for anyone accompanying that child. [http://www.annual-pass.com/faq/faq.asp?css=1#disability Merlin Annual Pass FAQ]]
Merlin own: Alton Towers, Thorpe Park, Chessington World of Adventures, Legoland, London Dungeons, London Aquarium, London Eye, Warwick Castle, Madam Tussauds and Sea Life Centres.

Marwell Zoo do special rates for disabled guests (day and annual passes) - carer goes free.

nannynick Mon 25-Aug-08 16:12:40

Merlin Annual Pass FAQ

supportman Mon 25-Aug-08 22:36:36

Many places allow carers to go free or at a reduced price. I always ask whenever I am out with clients and usually get some sort of discount no questions asked. Although I have had to show my carer ID badge on occasions when with someone who doesn't appear to be disabled.

Also did you know that at theme parks you can get a access pass which allows you to use the ride exit without having to queue?

jammi Tue 26-Aug-08 09:46:13

Message withdrawn

misscutandstick Tue 26-Aug-08 10:52:36

i agree Jammi - things (special rates/cards/opportunites) just arent 'advertised', so no-one knows about them and so they dont get used and its very frustrating trying to find any info at all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now