Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Feeling a bit low today - can I indulge in a quick whinge please?

(6 Posts)
sickofthisrain Sun 24-Aug-08 13:56:50

It's probably the time of the month but I'm having one of those can't cope days, where I just want to escape to a desert island on my own with a pile of books! Husband is working today and have just had a good sob in the loo, and then been interrupted by a knock on the front door by an unsuspecting builder, come to give us a quote. God knows what he thought of me!
Our pediatric appointment is overdue, potty training started well last week and has ended with ds1 weeing all over the leather sofa today and refusing to go anywhere near the toilet, and I'm just really reminded of how far behind he is for his age when we can't even have a basic conversation.
He's just turned 3 and has mild symptoms of all sorts of things (but most likely HFA) so we don't even know what we're dealing with, and I'm just so desperate to get on and help him.
Sorry to moan, feeling a bit better now just writing it down!

iwearflairs Sun 24-Aug-08 14:42:02

hello sick of this rain - sorry you had such a bad day and hope it is getting better. My DS (HFA) didn't potty train til at least 3 and I had many a day like the one you describe with set backs aplenty, but it will eventually come together if you keep heading in that direction. It is awful not knowing, I really know how you feel but you are going to be able to start soon and give him help and then you will be on that road.

coppertop Sun 24-Aug-08 15:49:35

Sickofthisrain - Sorry you're having one of those days. Fingers crossed for you that it gets better. xxx

twocutedarlings Sun 24-Aug-08 18:30:21

(((hugs))) sickoftherain (im sick of the rain too btw grin).

My DD (5 ASD) also found potty training very difficult, but we turned a corner at about 3.5, she is now almost 6 and still has the odd bad day!! but this is few and far between now, infact i can count on one hand how many bad days (wee wee wise LOL) we have had in the last six mths grin. He will get there in the end !!

Totally agree with iwearflairs the not knowing what is causing your childs delays is so much harder to deal with than the knowing IYKWIM.

I recommend a BIG bottle glass of wine and a big bar of chocolate for the end of days like this.

xxx

sickofthisrain Sun 24-Aug-08 18:51:26

thanks all, have gone for a lovely long walk in the sunshine - (hooray, at last!!) and feel a lot better. DS1 is gorgeous, and I am so lucky in many ways, but I sometimes crave the interaction with him which i see my friends having with their DC's. DS2 is a comfort though as he couldn't be more responsive at the moment, just pray it continues as he's only just turned one!!

Tclanger Sun 24-Aug-08 19:43:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now