Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Walking on tiptoes. Should I worry?

(4 Posts)
typhoonsmum Sat 23-Aug-08 19:25:52

Feel as I only come back on here when I have a concern but can you all help put my mind at ease again please. A lady on the behaviour/development board advised me to try here.
My son James (12mos) was born with Talipes. The treatment for that is going well and physio and orthopaedics are pleased with him.
The worry I have at the moment is that James is cruising round the furniture with no problems has been for about 2 months. He doesn't seem to take the next step to walk. When he walks with a push along walker or when you hold both his hands he seems to be walking on his tiptoes. He can put his heels to the floor and has stood solo for about 20 seconds. Is this normal. Do children normally start walking on tiptoes and eventually put the full foot on the floor or is it part of his Talipes and will need to be addressed.
I'm going to phone the physio department on Tuesday and ask but just want an idea of whether it's anything to worry about!

bubblagirl Sun 24-Aug-08 16:14:27

im not sure aboutt he talipes but my ds walked on tiptoes for a while and was toldonce been walking few months and knows how to distribute weight all would be ok once he had been walking few months his feet went flat to the floor

twocutedarlings Sun 24-Aug-08 18:18:55

Both my DDs walked on there tippy toes to start of with, neither of them had talipes, but i think the is something that is quite common which is why you are adviced to keep little ones bare footed for as long as possible.

typhoonsmum Mon 25-Aug-08 11:26:12

Thanks. I presuming it is a normal thing then. Will phone physio tomorrow just to check it out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now