Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

I wasnt going to post this ......but I need to off load!!!!!

(15 Posts)
JaysMum Thu 17-Feb-05 14:22:52

"J can not gain access to CAMHS unless he actually phsically harms himself with the intent on ending his life".....Quote from GP on Tuesday 15th Feb 05.

So the stitches to his arm to help heal the cuts he put there because he wanted to die simply because Mom and Dad went out for a meal and left him in the care of a person with good knowledge and understanding of ASD is not a good enough reason for my son to gain access to preventative therapy!!!!!

"The only way you will sole your difficulties and help J is if you seek legal advice and push this through the courts" Quote GP on Tuesday 15th Feb.

I WILL NOT GIVE UP. MY SON WILL GET THE HELP HE NEEDS.

I am so bloody angry....so bitter....so emtionally drained. I am banging on every door I can find. I am making NOISE. I WILL NOT BE BEATEN.

There rant over.....sorry!!!!!

Jimjams Thu 17-Feb-05 14:27:10

Good grief JM. Does he have a social worker? I think you may need to go to the head of the child disability team and kick up a stink. And to CAMHS directly of course as well. Do you have any pros on your side. Is he under a clinical physchologist- I've found referral to them quite easy.

MeerkatsUnite Thu 17-Feb-05 14:27:33

Hi Jaysmum,

So sorry its like this. Certainly don't take this lying down.

I googled CAMHS and initially came up with this site:-
http://www.youngminds.org.uk/contactus

There is also a helpline for parents.

I do hope you get the help you need as a family

lilibet Thu 17-Feb-05 14:28:24

Hello

I have no experience of AHD but I can empathisize with someone who is obvuiously trying to do her best for her son but is thwarted at every turn. Why do you have to go thru the courts? How old is Jay

BTW from the tone of your post and your passion about this you sound like the type of person I would like to have on my side if every I need someone to fight for me! Jay is obviously very lucky!!

Amanda3266 Thu 17-Feb-05 14:29:25

But JaysMum - surely he met that criteria with what he did. I'm sure your GP means well with this and is frustrated by it too but surely it's not your job to do this fighting - you have enough to do.
How old is your DS? It might be worth contacting Social services (their learning disabilities team)if you're not already in touch with them and see if someone there will refer him. I don't think a referral has to be from a GP only - it can come from a few different people.
Why does your GP think he doesn't meet the criteria?

JaysMum Thu 17-Feb-05 14:53:21

We have had years of fighting the system.....i have banged on so many doors.....same old response from everyone.....no funding available....lack of resources....he's not too bad today....a dx wont change him....he is happy at home....we wont worry to much about his pacement til Sept shall we.....

I CANT TAKE THEIR PATRONISING COMMENTS ANY MORE!!!!

My son needs help and he isnt getting it.....CP has a 3 month wait....ADHD Specailist nurse can't see J because he has had dx of ADHD removed from his file....at least they listened to me when I said they were wrong!!!!
Social Worker said there is little she can do but offer an ear....so short staffed!!!!

THIS IS NOT FAIR!!!!!

I am not gong to ramble on.....like I said before I need to stay focussed and get this sorted.
Thanks for you replies...I might just be a bit busy over the next few weeks...please excuse the incoherant ramblings of anger that might just get posted here.

Back to the mission I go....

Right who's next on my list....

amynnixmum Thu 17-Feb-05 14:56:37

My ds has access to our CAMHS team and he neither has a diagnosis as yet nor has he tried to harm himself. My GP referred him on my request when he started having problems at school. TBH they haven't really done very much as yet but if they can be involved with my ds is seems like madness that J cannot get access.{{{hugs}}}
Have you got a local parent partnership service near you that could advise you on your rights etc?

Jimjams Thu 17-Feb-05 15:43:51

I just HATE that f*** "lack of resources" excuse. DS1's statement wasn't being met (no SALT) - so I complained and everyone- including MP- cited "lack of resources". I thoght the MP's were meant to fight on our behalf-

Actually- contact your local councellors- they're usually more interested (and more helpful) than the MP's. ALthough warning- mine went straight to the press without my permission

Jimjams Thu 17-Feb-05 15:45:04

JM- have a look at my post on in the news about special school closure- you coould always do what that mum did..... First you have to find Tony and a TV crew.....

winnie Thu 17-Feb-05 15:48:53

Jaysmum, sorry no advice just sending you a hug and hoping you get the support you all need and deserve. Your understandable frustration and despair is so apparent from your post I wish there was something constructive I could say.
Best wishes, Winniex

mfh Thu 17-Feb-05 15:56:55

Same here Jaysmum. Lots of sympathy - we all know what it's like. Rant away.
Making a stink, in public (press, courts), seems to be the only way forward when all other avenues have been tried. I admire anyone who can go through with legal action, but it is the way that things are done in this country.

pepsi Thu 17-Feb-05 16:09:53

Really feel for you, have no experience so cant advise.

JaysMum Thu 17-Feb-05 16:57:19

JimJams......Already thinking of Streaking Down the Mall.......can you imagine the headlines....

"FAT ARSED GIRL WANTS EQUALITY"

Dont worry Tony is on my hit list.....he has an election campaign going on you know....doesnt want his boat rocked....well I'll bloody tip him right in the river along with his bloody useless policies and his waste of space cabinet!!!!!!

JaysMum Thu 17-Feb-05 17:00:28

Does anyone here actually know Maria Hutchings????

I so need to get in touch with her.

Christie Thu 17-Feb-05 17:14:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now