Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

The dentist mentioned Excema, Psorosis and Articulation...v. confused...

(14 Posts)
Seuss Fri 22-Aug-08 09:25:21

We had our bi-yearly family trip to the dentist this am and the dentist mentioned ds1's ecxzema (on ankles) and said psorosis is linked to articulation and it would be 'interesting' to get it treated at this age. It was a bit of a stressful situation in the first place, what with ds1 trying to escape whilst dentist had hands in my mouth etc., so wasn't really thinking straight, plus it was way to early for my brain to formulate questions. Just wondered if anyone could shed anymore light on this...

moondog Fri 22-Aug-08 09:32:15

Eh?
I'm a salt and that's anew one on me? hmm

Cappuccino Fri 22-Aug-08 09:33:47

maybe he thinks your ds will be too busy scratching his ankles to learn to talk

Seuss Fri 22-Aug-08 09:37:14

moondog - it threw me a bit. Perhaps I just completely misunderstood what he said, he does have a bit of an accent and I was very harrassed...he definitely said articulation and psorosis, but didn't elaborate. We have been told ds1 has ezxema, not psorosis, which he seemed to be blanketing under the same term too. Perhaps I'll mention it to my GP when we go for repeat prescriptions...perhaps I've got the wrong end of the stick?!?

Seuss Fri 22-Aug-08 09:38:30

Cappuccino - ds1 doesn't sit still long enough to scratch! grin

Cappuccino Fri 22-Aug-08 09:40:25

I have a speech impediment and no ezcema

I have one dd with speech difficulties and no ezcema, and one with absolutely fab speech and - oh yes - ezcema

it sounds barking to me

Seuss Fri 22-Aug-08 09:43:32

Quite relieved to be honest...thought I was missing some huge link! My dh said there is a link with psorosis and arthritis - perhaps he was getting at that?

Tclanger Fri 22-Aug-08 10:02:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AMumInScotland Fri 22-Aug-08 12:31:20

Did he maybe mean articulation of the joints (like arthritis etc) rather than being articulate (speech)?

Seuss Fri 22-Aug-08 12:53:27

That is one of the questions I should have asked! I'm thinking he must have meant joints, it was hard to question further though as it was my turn then and he had my hands in his mouth - then ds1 escaped (was retrieved safely). I think maybe I assumed it was being articulate as in speech since we were in a dentists, rather than articulation of the joints which would actually make sense? I think?

Sorry for the wild goose chase folks!

used2bthin Fri 22-Aug-08 13:26:29

My DD has got psoriasis and is about to be referred for speech therapy but I'm sure its coincidence. It is linked the arthritus though, maybe it was the dentist that has got the wrong end of the stick?

Seuss Fri 22-Aug-08 13:42:05

I think he must have meant the arthritis link. He confused me though as I kept saying it was exczema (been GP, dermatologist etc.) and he kept saying 'yes I know it's a psoriasis' which I always thought was quite different but perhaps he just meant that they can both cause joint problems. oh well, as long as there isn't some huge link I've been missing we'll just keep slapping the creams on!

used2bthin Fri 22-Aug-08 14:42:21

I don't think excema has links to arthritus although could be wrong. Psoriasis is a different thing too so it does sound like it was him that is confused. What an odd dentist trip for you, as if its not hard enough!

Seuss Fri 22-Aug-08 15:35:11

used2bthin - i googled the arthritis psoriasis thing and there were some links but when i did ecxzema/arthritis I couldn't see any obvious links(very quick look though so might have missed something).

At least that's the dentist done for another 6mths - and ds will be wearing socks next time!grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now