Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

I just wanted to say....

(3 Posts)
LollipopViolet Wed 20-Aug-08 18:38:12

That today at work I had a very humbling experience. A lady came to my colleauge's window very distressed, and because I had no customers I kept an ear on the conversation in case he needed help/support.

The lady had been forced to park on the furthesr car park from the entrance and walk to the monorail station. The lady then told us she had lung and liver cancer, and her DD was autistic. She was very worried about getting round the park and very upset about the car parking issue (disabled car park was full, that's how busy we were).

I decide to keep listening and help my colleague out by phoning guest services and explaining the situation, asking someone to come up to speak with this lady. A lovely employee did and arranged that the lady's husband would be given a free car park token to get the car and bring it to the express car park at the end of the day. The girl from guest services also rang round like a mad thing looking for a wheelchair for this lady, as the only ones in her department were damaged. She found one and the lady was able to wait in one of our offices while it was brought over.

Anyway, the reason I say all this is because this lady was so focused on her DD having a fab day out, and didn't want any special treatment etc. It made me think, there are some amazing mums out there, coping with DC's with SN, when they've got disabilities/illnesses of their own.

Thank you all for being amazing mums to your kids, even though you find it hard to cope. And if anyone is actually the lady in question, hello

moondog Wed 20-Aug-08 18:39:23

How civilised.
Where was this?

LollipopViolet Wed 20-Aug-08 18:41:22

This was in the admissions department of Alton Towers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now