Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

proud moment. Ds2 went into publis toilets by himself ( actually proud of me for letting him rather than him for doing it ..)

(10 Posts)
pagwatch Tue 19-Aug-08 12:11:53

caught at shops and had two 5 years olds with me. He is 11 and seem NT so I knew there would be an issue if I tried to take him in ladies. He gestured at gents and spur ofthe moment I let him go in.
After 5 minutes of anxiety he emerged ( OK I had been on the point of going in after him twice). Very pleased with himself smile.

His DD and her friend both knew it was tricky for him and they both threw themselves at him to kiss and congratulate him (" hooray! Good toilet!!").
The lunchtime shoppers were very puzzled grin

pagwatch Tue 19-Aug-08 12:13:09

ooops no blush
not his DD of course.
We have just mastered toilet . None of that yet !

Seuss Tue 19-Aug-08 12:15:09

grin Well done both of you!

Tclanger Tue 19-Aug-08 13:36:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

moondog Tue 19-Aug-08 14:54:31

That's great. Stuff like this is sooooo important.

TotalChaos Tue 19-Aug-08 15:43:28

that's great!

DS always prefers DH to take him rather than me - wonder if he feels uncomfortable in the ladies

flyingmum Tue 19-Aug-08 17:19:34

Wrote you a message but it went awol!

Well done master pag

It is really worrying though the first few times they go. My chap takes AGES and I have nearly been reduced to asking strangers to fishing him out or hissing 'where are you' through the gents doors grin

Now he's in charge of his younger brother when they go.

HairyMaclary Tue 19-Aug-08 19:14:42

Do you have a RADAR key? We got ours from the town hall, we just took the DLA letter and paid £5, it's given us access to all disabled toilets around the country. We find it great, but you may want to encourage the independence!

bullet123 Tue 19-Aug-08 19:49:30

That's fantastic .

pagwatch Wed 20-Aug-08 08:12:02

smile @ flying mum hissing throughthe door.
I did mutter that if he didn't come out soon I was going in after him and my DDs face was a picture.

Thanks for the info about radar key Hairy.
I will ponder that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now