Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

going back to bed, wake me when it's summer...

(31 Posts)
sarah293 Tue 19-Aug-08 11:09:06

Message withdrawn

sarah293 Tue 19-Aug-08 11:09:31

Message withdrawn

heartmummy Tue 19-Aug-08 11:14:36

im going shopping wanna come along ( only boring food shop)

anonandlikeit Tue 19-Aug-08 11:18:39

Riven, if you & dd want to run away to Suffolk you are v welcome here. No Rain here!

But please leave your pussy at home, i can't cope with cat pee.

sarah293 Tue 19-Aug-08 11:19:27

Message withdrawn

Seuss Tue 19-Aug-08 11:22:42

riven - you have my sympathies, we have equally lazy, rain-hating cat and equally rubbish weather - not quite on my last pair of jeans but the day is young...

anonandlikeit Tue 19-Aug-08 11:30:52

Yeh i smell of wee as my pelvic floor is shot, ds2 keeps asking me to go on the trampoline but i've run out of trousers...i might have to do some cleaning just as an excuse not to play .. perish the thought grin

sarah293 Tue 19-Aug-08 11:42:10

Message withdrawn

anonandlikeit Tue 19-Aug-08 11:46:52

Get the tit from the LEA to come & blow some of their hot air on your washing!

Are they arsing about with your dd's statement? What's the problem?

eidsvold Tue 19-Aug-08 12:06:03

You could come to Aus - no rain in sight but chilly - 7 - 21 degrees today.

I could share my wee and poo story if it would make you feel better.

Dd1 was poorly at school so they called for me to come and get her. She did look pretty bad when I got there and she definitely wanted to come home ( totally poorly then - never wants to come home).

I suspected she may have a bladder infection and so have to try and get a wee sample from a child with sn and still in pull ups. She slept all afternoon - so can't duck out to doc's surgery and get a sterile bottle. Okay nurse calls and says boil a bottle for 10 minutes then it will be sterile. So have to eat last bit of vegemite as no empty jars - bloody recycling pick up this week.

Wake dd1 - try to get her to wee. Get to docs - she wants to wee - go to toilet - she has done a runny poo wee in her pull ups. Me with no spare change - go to receptionists ( ours are fab) Tell them I Need to run dd1 home and change her. Get home - still also lugging dd2 and 3 around as well.

Get her cleaned up and sorted. She wants to go to the toilet. I manage to get little bottle and get a few drops - cause the rest goes over my hands!! Dd1 laughs and punches the air saying 'DID IT!' so you had to be pleased with that.

Get back to doc's surgery - dd1 is in agony and I suddenly realise that the pain is not wee or bladder related but that she is constipated.

Cue much moaning, straining and crying from dd1 whilst she wafts huge smelly farts across the waiting room. Take her to the toilet - nothing and she does not want to sit on the toilet. So rather than meltdown we have her straining and crying and stinking the waiting room out.

Lady across from me could not purse her lips any more - cat's bum face champion!! Dd2 adds to the scene by saying in a loud voice - 'what's that smell Mummy!!'

dd3 is shouting at said cat's bum face - LADY! LADY! and the more the lady ignored her the more she shouted.

I love being the floor show.

We finally get into the doc and he asks what is wrong - give him wee sample to test - sure enough all is well. Then I mention the constipation to which the doc says he wondered if the 'fluffing' was the sources of the smell!!!! I realised with dd1 on my lap that she had done what she needed to do.

THe doc then offers to do a rectal exam to check - I suggested it is probably not a good idea - the smell was putrid.

Manage to get them out and home - to change dd1. It was so bad - the smell was putrid and i almost vomited. But we got her cleaned up and she had brightened up straight away and ran out to tell dad about her smelly poo and her visit to the docs. When I saw the pull up as I took it off - I just laughed at the thought of the doc doing an examination of that bum.

It is not that funny but now I can laugh at it. I was so embarrassed but worried in the waiting room . Dh suggested that perhaps next time she has a problem with pooing - a very rare thing and not to upset her as it did today - just take her to the waiting room and it bores you sh1tless waiting to be seen grin

So I trundle off to do the grocery shopping only to realise that she has leaked onto the car seat as the smell wafts over me. Freezing cold ( well aussie cold) car window cracked open.

Madly washing car seat cover ready to go hopefully dry in the morning before preschool SALT session.

Hope you got a chuckle out of it.

LEA problem - mail them the cat smile

I am now going to snuggle up in bed with dh and watch some olympics.

Hope your day gets better in some way for you.

eidsvold Tue 19-Aug-08 12:06:25

oops sorry for the long post.

BriocheDoree Tue 19-Aug-08 12:09:48

If you can get across the channel, weather's been lovely over here all summer...been trying not to rub it in when you've all been moaning about the rain grin
Also on my last pair of jeans (DS did for the only other pair in a sticky fingered clambering kind of way) and nightshirt got covered in poo this morning. Invited NT 4 year old round in a mad moment so it's going to be noisy here this afternoon.

sarah293 Tue 19-Aug-08 12:19:34

Message withdrawn

Tclanger Tue 19-Aug-08 12:20:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Tclanger Tue 19-Aug-08 12:20:38

Tclanger Tue 19-Aug-08 12:21:23

sarah293 Tue 19-Aug-08 12:26:08

Message withdrawn

sarah293 Tue 19-Aug-08 12:28:00

Message withdrawn

Tclanger Tue 19-Aug-08 12:32:57

sarah293 Tue 19-Aug-08 16:24:39

Message withdrawn

TotalChaos Tue 19-Aug-08 16:28:00

because they feel naked without a tie, but an ordinary tie might end up with dangly fabric that might end up covered in wee/poo etc?

Tclanger Tue 19-Aug-08 16:46:28

BriocheDoree Tue 19-Aug-08 18:17:21

Something weird happening here. Just got BOTH kids into bed by quarter to seven! Now wandering round wondering what to do with myself until DH gets home.
Glad the whatever you call it went well, Riven.
Have been thinking of getting a cat...now wondering if it's such a good idea!!

sarah293 Tue 19-Aug-08 18:17:57

Message withdrawn

TotalChaos Tue 19-Aug-08 18:19:58

how did today's results alter your thinking? and are there a lot of infection risks to having a g-tube?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now