Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

i anyone else EXHAUSTED

(40 Posts)
FioFio Mon 18-Aug-08 08:14:49

Message withdrawn

Tclanger Mon 18-Aug-08 09:29:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

onlyjoking Mon 18-Aug-08 09:37:01

yes I am feeling old and worn out, I seem to have so many thing to do that would be easier without my autie threesome then when they go to respite for the day I just want to sleep. Roll on sept.
Sorry to hear about your Dad TC, do they know what's wrong with him?

nikos Mon 18-Aug-08 09:37:24

Yep, I think the weather isn't helping. It's so much harder to entertain them all when you can't just open the door and they can play in the garden. I'm doing most of it on my own as dh working away at the minute so feel very sorry for myself and incredibly GRUMPY!!!

Tclanger Mon 18-Aug-08 09:53:44

sarah293 Mon 18-Aug-08 09:54:41

Message withdrawn

theheadgirl Mon 18-Aug-08 10:07:55

Not had a bad couple of days, but last week was a nightmare. But I do feel overwhelmed with things that need doing, but that are just too hard to manage with the kids around. That in itself makes me feel tired.

Tclanger Mon 18-Aug-08 10:21:09

onlyjoking Mon 18-Aug-08 10:30:42

i end up so tired i get a migraine which is not much fun, i know this summer holiday is gonna be the worst ever as it is my first as a solo parent so i am still adjusting to a situation i so didn't want to be in.

theheadgirl Mon 18-Aug-08 10:33:41

Its hard OJ on your own, I've been thinking about you and your three xx

Tclanger Mon 18-Aug-08 10:36:39

onlyjoking Mon 18-Aug-08 10:43:07

well it is ten weeks today and we are doing ok (most days) Granted the kids look a bit ferral wink BUT i did manage them on my own in lanzarote for a whole week so i know i can do most things on my own now.

Tclanger Mon 18-Aug-08 10:48:23

onlyjoking Mon 18-Aug-08 10:54:06

am off to mates in bristol in a bit until wednesday, i hate long driving trips. i am just trying to chill & drink coffee before the long drive, i will be fine once the jouneys out of the way. the dvd is set up in the car kids ipods are fully charged & tomtom is set up, gulp i can do this cant i.

Tclanger Mon 18-Aug-08 11:09:55

Tclanger Mon 18-Aug-08 11:13:58

FioFio Mon 18-Aug-08 13:01:46

Message withdrawn

jimjamshaslefttheyurt Mon 18-Aug-08 14:50:22

fiofio- as you know I felt like that this week. I'm at work now so feeling much better! Am dreading next week (home all week) though.

sarah293 Mon 18-Aug-08 15:12:33

Message withdrawn

tibni Mon 18-Aug-08 15:28:30

OJ you are doing so well.

tc hope your dad is ok and they let you in early.

riven I have appointments to chase and a SaLT programme to write for new teacher hmm and I just can not face it today.

My NT dd is at a playscheme for 2 hours at the local castle. My friend usually takes and collects as her ds goes too but can't today. Castle is ASD ds obsession and he is difficult to manage there at the best of times. Just back from a weeks "holiday" he is rather challenging today. I guess we will be providing the entertainment factor waiting for dd to finish!

Going to be brave and go now to give ds playtime before dd finishes at 4pm in the hope he maybe a little calmer!

siblingrivalry Mon 18-Aug-08 16:16:13

Hi,

Hope it's okay to join in, but this thread called out to me!
I realise a lot of you have much more to deal with than I do, so hope I'm not intruding.

I am dizzy with tiredness and I look like crap -dark hollows under my eyes, spots etc.
The tears are never far away either.
I have 2 dds - dd1 is 7 and going through a dx for ASD. DD2 is almost 4 and her behaviour has been appalling all summer.

The thing is, it will be so much worse when dd1 goes back to school. She's moving up to the juniors and the change in teacher and routine will just be too much for her.

How long til bedtime?!smile

sphil Mon 18-Aug-08 16:21:17

This is an awful thing to say, but this thread has made me feel so much better blush. I've also been feeling very tired and fed up - caught sight of myself in a shop mirror yesterday and I look about 105! It's a combination of the dreadful weather and the full-on nature of the summer holidays I think. I suffered from anxiety and panic attacks a couple of years ago so when I feel like this I always have a niggling worry that it's coming back again. Knowing other people are feeling the same calms me down no end - hope that doesn't sound really unsympathetic!

Hecate Mon 18-Aug-08 16:33:12

Yup. Fecking knackered. Considering drugging the little.....darlings just so I can get a full nights' sleep!

And the noise, oh dear lord the noise....<shoves fingers in ears. Sobs.>

grin
ah well. <shrug> onwards and upwards, eh?

FioFio Mon 18-Aug-08 17:13:28

Message withdrawn

FioFio Mon 18-Aug-08 17:25:48

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now