Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

wheres my kit mummy wheres my kit wheres my kit mummy wheres my kit

(15 Posts)
FioFio Thu 14-Aug-08 15:08:50

Message withdrawn

supportman Thu 14-Aug-08 15:21:44

Sounds like my little sister when i take her, and am having a cup of tea. When are we going, when are we going.

BriocheDoree Thu 14-Aug-08 15:39:35

My DD has been doing that since Wednesday when i said I'd take her swimming at the weekend! Had to stop her several times from taking off her dress and putting her costume on. Unfortunately, can't take the pair of them on my own (DS is a baby) so can only go when DH is around too!

FioFio Thu 14-Aug-08 15:42:09

Message withdrawn

BriocheDoree Thu 14-Aug-08 15:58:50

Won't even contemplate it. DD always wants to swim in the deep end which is way over my head so I struggle enough to mind her never mind the wee one (who is also at the hurling himself everywhere with no thought for the consequences stage!)

Graciefer Thu 14-Aug-08 23:23:49

Must admit, I haven't been brave enough to take both DS's swimming together yet.

DS1 loves swimming but it is awkward during the holidays as it is so busy, however I had an e-mail from SW today, who told me about a local pool who have 2 morning sessions a week just for children with autism and their family.

I can't believe summer holidays are half way over and I have only just found this out, but am chuffed that we can now add swimming to the able to do list, as donkey riding was looking so lonely.

FioFio Fri 15-Aug-08 07:44:45

Message withdrawn

Seuss Fri 15-Aug-08 08:44:11

We always go places really early too - I find we always seem to run into the same (desperately knackered)people at that time of day!

Dragonbutter Fri 15-Aug-08 08:45:21

thanks for the reminder, damp kit in the hall need hanging up. smile

Seuss Fri 15-Aug-08 08:50:30

I get 'where are we going tommorrow?'. This is at 6am in the morning - there's nothing like forward planning.

Dragonbutter - I hate the after swimming bit when you have loads of soggy kit in the hall and are too knackered to sort it.

Dragonbutter Fri 15-Aug-08 08:54:55

i know. it's not even my kids stuff! it's been there since monday. i should be ashamed.
thanks for the reminder though, all sorted now.

Seuss Fri 15-Aug-08 08:56:50

tee hee Dragon - you bad!

Dragonbutter Fri 15-Aug-08 08:59:24

blush

lottiejenkins Fri 15-Aug-08 17:10:24

My ds is having lessons at the moment. I have booked him to have them in a private pool as i didnt think he would concentrate in a public pool. Its nice as theres normally only him and one other child.

supportman Fri 15-Aug-08 22:43:44

Btw Fio, did you know that Kingsmead leisure center in Canterbury has a special needs swim club on Sundays between 4 and 5, which is only £1 and free for the carer? Should be fairly quiet and at a more sociable hour of the day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now